Sunday, August 12, 2012

Scraptastic Club Layout: Absolutely Fabulous

I'm back to share another Scraptastic Club project with you. Have you ever taken a photo and loved it so much that you were nervous about scrapping it? This is that photo for me. I've had it in my photo stash forever and I hadn't come across the perfect paper to use with it until I got my "Barn Door" August kit and add on from Scraptastic Club.

AbsolutelyFabulousHeatherLandryWEB

I loved the neutral colors in this kit. They work perfectly with black & white photos. The design on this page was inspired by the little wooden stars. I used a large die cut star to ground my photo. I cut more die cuts stars for accents, and I attached the little wooden stars by randomly tossing them on the page. I adhered them where they fell.

AbsolutelyFabulousD3HeatherLandryWEB

The rub on stars were very easy to apply. I placed a journaling spot on top of one of the die cut stars and I used foam adhesive to make the chipboard butterfly more dimensional. I decided not to paint the tiny wooden stars. I really loved the plain wood finish.

AbsolutelyFabulousD2HeatherLandryWEB

Here's a closer look at the title work. I chose to adhere one of the big gems in the center of the chipboard "o" to add more interest. I like to add special little details like that.

AbsolutelyFabulousD1HeatherLandryWEB

I hope you all have a happy, scrappy day!

Thank You copy

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is WOW GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeee that photo and love love love love all the stars!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Gorgeous layout! You totally did the picture justice.

April said...

This looks amazing Heather!!

Debbie P said...

What a gorgeous photo! You did an amazing job at scrapping it. The layout is lovely. See, aren't you happy that you finally did it! Well done! Your post makes me very happy and inspires me!

Joy said...

This layout is Absolutely Fabulous! I really like the colours you worked with, the black & white photo and the repeated stars.

Cindy Gay said...

Fabulous layout Heather!

A said...

I absolutely love it Heather! And what a gorgeous photo of Alexis!!!

Mitra Pratt said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that huge star!!! I haven't used those wooden stars just yet, but I think that I will use your random scatter method myself!!! Good idea!!!!

Love those gems too, aren't they delish!

Just Jaime said...

You are so right! The colors are perfect!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love, love, love...the photo is beautiful, your layout fabulous.

Sharon Fritchey said...

This is one of my favorite layouts of yours, Heather! I love everything about it!!!!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

I can relate to the photo thing. I have a few I have yet to scrap for the same reason. You did a marvelous job with this one. The photo and the layout showcasing it is stunning! Love the b&w photo. Wow!