Monday, August 20, 2012

The Sampler Challenges: Card Sketch #2

Did you all remember to watch for the card sketch this month? This is my second sketch for The Sampler. I made this one for the August challenges. (I’ve also created a matching digital freebie. If you want it, scroll down!) I hope this sketch inspires you. If it does, don’t forget to link your creation on their blog! You’ll be entered to win a sampling of products from The Sampler.

HL_CardSketch_Template 2Prv

I used the sketch as inspiration for the card below. I loved the warm colors in the August “All Gussied Up” kit. It feels like Summer! I’m calling this one a congratulatory card, but I think it would work well as an everyday card too.

20FlyingHighHeatherLandryWEB

I also made a digital template from the sketch to give away to my hybrid card making friends. This is my example card. I used a paper pack and embellishments by Dani Mogstad. Please don’t try to print the example card. It’s extremely low resolution and it won’t work! You can download the template here.

IndependenceDayHeatherLandryWEB

Holly created an amazing sketch for The Sampler’s layout challenge. I’m sharing what she made here, but please link any pages that you make with it on The Sampler’s blog.

AugustSketch

This was my take on Holly’s sketch. It features a photo of my gorgeous niece that I took when we went fishing. The journaling is all about how she did on our fishing trip with my grandpa. I used the August Sampler kit called “All Gussied Up” to make this page. I used watercolors from my stash to paint a journaling spot.

20HeatherLandryWonderfulYou

I also have a few digital pages to share with you as well. I’m assigned to Nancie Rowe Janitz this month and I’ve really had a wonderful time playing with her products.

This first page is about Jordan’s mixed feelings about her new braces. She really loves the dinosaur patterned straps that she picked, but she would REALLY prefer not to have to wear them! Credits here.

13MixedFeelingsHeatherLandryWEB

I love the photo on this next page so much. I always say Miss Jordan is spoiled rotten, but this photo proves it. When she complained that her wet hair made her cold after her bath, Ronnie went out and bought a blow dryer so he could dry it for her. See? Rotten! Credits here.

20WashAndDryHeatherLandryWEB

That’s all for now, but I’ll be back with another update soon!

Thank You copy

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all FABULOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that wood grain on your card, the circles on your first lo...and LOVING that photo on the last one!!!! GORGEOUS work!!!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 2 post on Aug. 20, 2012. Thanks again.

A said...

Oh Heather I love love love the purple miss Jordan!!! Of course I love all of them, but that's my favorite :-)

Debbie P said...

Awesome layouts and cards! Love all the circles and hexagons! So cool!

Just Jaime said...

Haha Jordan is spoiled but I love it! Great colors!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I LOVE the 'Mixed Feelings' - so pretty and eyecatching.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

overachiever! hope your day is going well.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh cool no-sew hexi's! LOL.

Joy said...

Love this sketch and the cards made using it. Into the inspiration file they go.

Sharon Fritchey said...

Heather!!!!! What don't you do?!!!!! I mean it - you are so amazing! Your sketch and cards are absolutely adorable! And I love, LOVE the 2 layouts of Jordan. You do digi so beautifully!!!!!

Laurence said...

These pages and card are awesome !

Monique Liedtke said...

Great pages!!! I was on the dt of The Sampler as well and really loved their kits!!! (and Holly is so nice!). Btw, you've got a new follower :)