Sunday, August 5, 2012

Through A Child’s Eyes

Hi everyone! I decided to make one last page with the remaining scraps in my Scraptastic Club Summer Picnic kit and add on. I was at a loss on what to do until I came across Shannon Zickel's "Brotherly Love" layout on page 86 of the Oct. 2011 issue of Scrapbooks Etc. I knew right away that I had to lift it!

ThroughAChildsEyesHeatherLandryWEB

I added some mist and some extra journaling. I also ended up changing the embellishments quite a bit. These are photos of me when I was a little girl, and I decided to journal from my point of view. A little note explaining some of the journaling: My grandma used to teach ceramics and she'd give me the pieces that didn't mold correctly so I could scrape them to bits with her ceramic tools. I distinctly remember sitting in the driveway scraping green ceramics for hours!

ThroughAChildsEyesHeatherLandryWEBD2

Here's a closer view of the title work. I used the prize ribbon sticker as the letter "o" in the word "through", and I added some Stickles to help it stand out a bit.

ThroughAChildsEyesHeatherLandryWEBD1

That’s all folks! I've used every last scrap of my Summer Picnic kit. I ended up with four layouts and four cards, but one of the layouts was a two pager. (So technically that's five pages.)

Thank You copy

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeee the colors, the splatters of paint and love love love how you did the 'o' in the title!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Awwww!! Look at little Heather! So cute! This is such a fun page. I love the colors and use of misting. The title work is awesome and your journaling is so much fun. I'm glad you explained about scraping ceramics. :)

Barbara said...

Seriously ... what a fun page! Love that you scrapped a page of you "way back when!" Wondering ... do you keep a book of random/older pages that you continue to add to? I sometimes want to scrap older pages but wonder what to do with them!
What fun memories!

Cindy Gay said...

I recognize that little girl! Very nice design.

Mitra Pratt said...

LOVE this page, I have to get on finishing up my kit too!!!

Just Jaime said...

What a cute! I love the pops of color and journaling!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love, love, love everything about this.