Sunday, August 19, 2012

Two Of A Kind (Scraptastic Club)

I'd like to share my latest project with everyone. I used the Scraptastic Club August kit and add on called “Barn Door” to create this page about a sleepover my daughter had with a friend. It was a complete giggle fest! They really are two of a kind. It's funny to see Lexie interact with her friends because they get so silly.

TwoOfAKindHeatherLandryWEB

I trimmed the photos into 4x4 squares before matting them on kraft paper. The kraft paper makes them stand out against the grey cardstock. (At first, the black & white photos were blending into the design entirely too much.)

I added several different heart embellishments to pull in the hearts from the background paper. The group of three paper hearts was printed on one of the die cut cards, but I fussy cut them to add to my design. The clock embellishment is a nod to the fact that I was still looking at the clock waiting for them to go to bed around that time. Sleepovers are fun, but no one actually sleeps during sleepovers. LOL

TwoOfAKindD2HeatherLandryWEB

Here is a closer look at the journaling so you can read it! As you can see, I added black Stickles to the tops of the wooden heart embellishments that were included in the kit. I also wanted to use the date as a prominent element, so I added the brown alphabet stickers to document the year in the corner of the journaling spot.

TwoOfAKindD1HeatherLandryWEB

Thank You copy

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i absolutely loveeeeeeeeeee this!!! loving the photos, the natural color palette and so loveeeeeeee all the hearts!!! gorgeous!!!!

A said...

They seem to be having a ton of fun :-))) Sleepovers are the best!

Debbie P said...

This looks awesome! I love the kit you used! What cute photos.

Mitra Pratt said...

Love the idea of cutting those hearts out! And all the close ups are adorable!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Oh they are 2 of a kind! Great photos and layout.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so cute. the photos are adorable. great job with the kit.

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable layout! The kraft matting really makes the pics pop.

April said...

What a great page Heather! I really love these colors...

Just Jaime said...

Love the monochromatic-ness. Cute kiddos! Glad Alexis has a good friend.

Joy said...

Love the design! and the way you embellished the page.
Sleepovers were so fun.

Laurence said...

Love the monochromatic look of this !