Sunday, September 9, 2012

CrAzY!

Hey everyone! I’m sorry I haven’t been around much. I can hear crickets chirping here on my blog. I’ve been doing a lot of design team work and most of it can’t be revealed until a later date. I got so far behind with the hurricane that I’m scrambling to get back to normal. Add cheerleading, football, and an insane amount of appointments to the schedule… I’m meeting myself coming and going!

As a reward for getting a lot done, I took it easy today. The weather was so pleasant that it almost felt like Fall. I couldn’t get the kids to go in the house. (Mostly because I didn’t want to go inside either.) I cooked a huge pot roast and we ate Sunday dinner. After that, I caught up on chores and laundry. It never ends!

Guess what I did? I dyed my hair red. I’m not brave enough to use permanent color, but the temporary came out wonderfully. I was pretty impressed. Here’s the front. It’s still in that awkward growing out stage, so I had to do something to jazz it up a bit.

IMG_1192

And the back… I really like it! Brandon was really impressed. He told me that I looked just like the girl from the Disney movie Brave. I don’t think so, but thanks kid.

IMG_1193

I do have ONE layout to share. Remember the photos I posted earlier this month of Jordan standing out in the wind before Hurricane Isaac? I just had to scrap them. I used Splendid Fiins’ amazing Superhero collection. It was just perfect for the feel that I wanted on this layout. Full credits here.

Hurricane GirlHeatherLandryWEB

With all of the madness at the end of last month, I was unable to post a sketch. I have one ready to go for the 15th, so stay tuned for that. My design team is working their magic as I type!

Thank You copy

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee your hair!!!! And your lo is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeee that photo and the colors!!!!

Gabrielle said...

Cute layout!!
-Gabi from Denton, TX

Linda Jordan said...

I love the hair color, you should do it permanently!! And that layout is amazing :) Honestly, I don't know how you find the time to do all the layouts you do...I haven't made a 12x12 in at least a month...

Linda

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love the new color! your layout is GORGEOUS! Loves it!

Just Jaime said...

Very fun layout! Hope things calm down and you get caught up---if there is such a thing!

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome layout! And I like your new hair color. :)

Jojorenee said...

I am with you on 'It Never Ends' glad you had some family and "me time" out of it all though. I use semi permanents too and experiment a little on the wild side now and then too. I've done reds and auburn's,I am currently back to black! I like how the red looks on you! Cheers Mika!

Cindy Gay said...

Your hair looks great and I love the "movement" in the layout!

slywalker (Lesley) said...

Love love that layout, it is gorgeous, great kit and makes me want to do digi even more.

Joy said...

Great hair colour and your layout is SO fun!
I love the comic book look and it's looks great with your photo.

Mitra Pratt said...

I love the red! And that page you made is awesome! I am working on the sketch right now for the end of the month!!!