Tuesday, September 4, 2012

@ Fountainbleau Park (Scraptastic Club)

We're posting Pinterest inspired projects this week on the Scraptastic Club blog. I spend a lot of time on Pinterest. You can find my boards here if you would like to visit. Pinterest is a great place to find creative inspiration. I found an adorable two photo sketch from My Sketch World by Lucy Chesna to inspire my layout for this post.


I used the fantastic Noted kit, add on, and stamp add on to create this page about spending time with Alexis. Our local state park is wonderful, and she's sitting on a limb of a huge oak tree in these photos.  We were just chatting and hanging out with my Mom when I snapped these pictures. You can definitely see that my layout was inspired by the sketch. I cropped one of my photos to a smaller size, and I moved them over a bit so I could add a journaling spot. I also added a cluster of embellishments in the lower left corner to add balance to the page.


Here's a closer view of my embellishment cluster. I LOVED the little wooden veneer people that Jessica included in this kit. They are super cute.


You all know me and my multi-colored title work! I thought it would be a lot of fun to use the @ flair as part of the title as well. You can also see the washi tape I used in this photo. I'm in love with all of the orange in this kit!


I hope I've convinced you to go visit Pinterest for inspiration. Feel free to start your boards by pinning anything you find here or on the Scraptastic Club blog.

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors, the photos and loving the little wood embellies!!!

Just Jaime said...

LOVE the wood embellies! Great take on the sketch!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I love how you made the sketch your own.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

this is beautiful. great take on the sketch...love your colors.

Sharon Fritchey said...

The veneer people look amazing, Heather. I love your photos of Alexis and how you scrapped them with this kit!!!! Your take on the sketch is so creative and wonderful, my friend!

Joy said...

Great sketch and an awesome layout. I really like your colour choices and the layering of your embellishments.