Saturday, September 29, 2012

Is That An Echo I Hear?

Hey everyone! I decided to have mercy on my poor neglected blog today. It’s been a while since I’ve posted and I have a few photos and projects to share. Don’t forget to stop by tomorrow too. I’ve got a sketch/freebie post scheduled!

All I have to share this week are iPhone photos. As usual, I’ve been running around like crazy. My iPhone is always nearby so that’s what I grab first. I really need to work on bringing Big Bertha out with me more.

This set of photos came from our Monday night football/cheer practice. I swear we just need to move our furniture to the Covington Recreation fields so we can be comfy. I spend more time there than I do here. Jordan’s practice is only an hour long, and when she’s finished we go over to watch the last hour of Brandon’s practice.

IMG_1301

We brought Brandon and Jordan to Children’s Hospital in New Orleans on Tuesday. Jordan had a follow up appointment to check on her pelvic kidney and Brandon had an appointment to check on his missing testicle. (Poor boy!) Jordan’s kidney is growing and draining well. They are very pleased with her progress.

IMG_1329

Brandon wasn’t so lucky. He’s going to have surgery in the next few months to relocate the missing testicle. They did manage to find it, but it was way up in his tummy. He told the doctor that he can’t have surgery during football season. The doctor started laughing and he assured Brandon that he would work around his schedule.

Sassy Miss Jordan has been trying a new hair style and she wanted to share it with everyone. She asked me to take a few photos of her new look and I couldn’t pass on sharing them here on my blog. She’s letting her hair grow out and she’s been using a headband to hold it back. I think it makes her look much older.

IMG_1330

I managed to make a scrapbook page too! I’ve decided to challenge myself to start using my older supplies. At the beginning of the month, I’m going too pull a handful of older things and try to use them. If I don’t use them at all that month, I have to donate them. This layout was the result of my September challenge to myself.

You Are A Reason To Celebrate

HeatherLandryYouAreAReason

Journaling: You were the missing piece of our family, now we are complete. We are so happy that God sent you to be a part of our lives. My precious baby boy.

I used the 3 because he's my third child. I can't believe my teeny tiny baby is FIVE now. Where do the years go?

Thank You copy

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery... that has got to be rough! I loveeeeeeeeeeee her new hairstyle!! So PRETTY!! And loving your lo!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and love love love the flowers!!!!

TeenaBugg38 said...

you are blessed girl..... gorgeous children!! But you knew that already :) My baby is 8.....I dunno where the tikme goes either...probably that same vortex in which the missing socks are located....just a theory! I love this layoaut and love your idea of using it or donating it!! I have stuff from wayyyyy back when I first started, it's embarrassing. funny tho that my style in scrap stash hasn't changed one bit, just the way i use it.....I guess maybe I know better now....LOL. Always love reading your blog and seeing your photos!!!

Joy said...

Love the new hair style Jordan!

That is a great challenge, I think I will have to follow your lead. I really like the rays and the way you embellished your page.

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE the idea of a "use it or lose it" challenge. I should do something similar. I have so many older supplies that I still love yet are totally neglected.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

I am just gonna send you all my old stuff. lol

love the photos.