Friday, September 21, 2012

Just Jump In!

I absolutely ADORED the Scraptastic Club Just Beachy kit and add on this month. I live in Southern Louisiana and we spend a lot of time in or near the water to cope with the sweltering Summer heat. I had a lot of beach photos that would've gone with the colors and beach theme of the kit, but I wanted to try to step outside of the box a little. I decided to use the kit to scrap two sets of swimming photos.

On this first page, I scrapped photos of Brandon on an inflatable raft. He was resting after hours of swimming and he kept looking around like "Yeah, I'm cool. I got the raft and you don't." It was really funny. We were at a friend's pool and he commandeered all of the floaties. Little stinker!


I cut the sun and the banners by hand. I was at a crop and I didn't have access to my Cricut. Now that's old school! I thought the sunglasses went with my cool dude theme so I added them on top of the journaling spot. A few rosettes and a lot of splattered mist finished off this page.

This second page is based on a sketch that Ronnie drew for me. He has lots of ideas and I turn them into layouts. Let’s just call him my assistant sketchologist. I used photos of Jordan on this page. She isn't afraid of anything. It's to the point that she gives me gray hair. She decided to jump right in the deep end of a friend's pool. I figured she would be worried or scared but NOPE.

JustJumpIn!HeatherLandryWEB

I bet you can tell that I just loved the rosettes in this kit. They were so bright and fun. If you look closely at the layout you'll see the tiny bits of bling that I added to the water. I thought it would be a good way to highlight the splashing!
Thank You copy

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors and love love love love that sun you made on the first lo!!!!!!

Debbie P said...

Heather, these layouts are amazing! You did such an awesome job on both! I just love the Shoreline collection. Thanks for the inspiration!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Oh Heather this rocks!!!! LOVE the sunshine :)

Cindy deRosier said...

I absolutely love these layouts! They are so bright and happy and just make me smile. That is so cool that Ronnie is a sketch artist. You need a dedicated post about that - show us his work!

Cindy Gay said...

Fun colors and great designs.

S said...

Wow, those pages pop!

Linda Jordan said...

These are gorgeous layouts!! That is fun that Ronnie makes sketches for you...Phillip doesn't really understand scrapbooking, he says he can remember things on his own lol. He doesn't even like photos!!

Linda

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

gorgeous projects. love your take on ronnie's sketch.

Izzy Anderson said...

Both of these are super cute. Your hand-cut banners are really uniform. You did a great job with them and I just adore them as the sun rays. I'm with you: those rosettes rock!

Heather Lynn said...

Your layouts are beautiful! LOVE splashes of color, the wonderful designs, the fun rosettes, and the fabulous photss! Can I borrow Ronnie for a while?! LOL He sounds handy to have around. ;)

Hugs,
HL