Monday, September 17, 2012

Let’s Get Fired Up!

This past weekend was Brandon’s first football game at Coquille Recreational Complex. That also meant that it was Jordan’s first time cheering for him. She was a little nervous at first, but once she changed into her uniform she was ready to go. She looked awesome and I was so proud of her. She’s overcome so much to be where she is today,  and I am so blessed to be her Momma.

_MG_1608

Here’s a closer photo. Taking photos in the shade in front of a grey wall, while your subject is wearing black and white… not advised! Everyone looked washed out no matter what I did. Oh well, she still looks perfect to me! Maybe I should go with the grey and just convert it to black and white?

_MG_1610

I wandered back and forth throughout the game so I could get photos of both of the kids. Brandon was resting here after they warmed up. The other game ran long and the our Saints players were bored. He was one of the few kids who actually “took a knee” like the coach instructed.

_MG_1625

He just looks SO young in this photo. Why did I let my baby play football again?! Oh yeah, because he’s not a baby anymore. Sigh. He’s growing up entirely too fast. He’s shot up another few inches and he’s in the 99th percentile for height. Now he looks like I don’t feed him!

_MG_1642

Did I mention that it was swelteringly hot this past weekend? We stood around in the heat for four hours. There were no bleachers or seats. Everyone was expected to sit in the muddy grass. I didn’t want to do that so I just walked around. In the photo below he’s messing with his mouth guard. Toward the end of the game they were all hot and cranky. He tried to convince me that his mouth guard was too big and he wanted to play without it. Uh… NO!

_MG_1658

Yeah, I don’t think Jordan likes cheering at all! Do you? You can tell by the HUGE grin on her face that she’s just miserable. LOL I’m kidding! She had a blast and I swear she was one of the loudest there. We could hear her all the time. She cheered the entire hour without complaining once. My girl rocks!

_MG_1676

In other news, I haven’t been scrapping much at all. In fact, my hobby has been interrupted big time for football season. I don’t mind much though. The kids are having too much fun for me to complain. I only managed to get one page finished in the past week.

I made this page with the fantastic September 2012 kit from The Sampler called Flying High. It's an amazing kit that features a great mix of papers and embellishments. I used it to scrap an older photo of Brandon. I miss him being this little. Did I mention that?

OhThePlacesYou'llGoHeatherLandryWEB

Thank You copy

11 comments:

Alison said...

Heather, I just love this layout. I haven't seen much layouts with Brandon as a little dude, but it made me nostalgic, too! (I suppose maybe because my little ones are growing up way too fast, too!)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such fun photos!!!! Your football player and cheerleader are so ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeeeee your lo too!!! LOVING the colors, the map paper and the balloon!!!!!!!

Linda Jordan said...

Looks like tons of fun!! Cute layout :)

April said...

Awesome pics Heather and LOVE the layout!

Cindy Gay said...

She is perfect! Love the photo of Brandon from behind. (he looks a little anxious in the one photo!)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

they are just about the cutest evah! and i love your layout.

Sharon Fritchey said...

Such awesome memories, Heather! I love that Brandon plays and Jordan cheers!!!! and wow - the layout you made is just amazing!!!!!

Sand and Sunshine said...

So cool. I'm totally going with the black and white, or hey what about sepia? That would add a touch of tone to everyone. :-)

Jojorenee said...

Look at them in uniform so cute!

Jennifer Grace said...

Love the map paper in the background and the title of this layout. So cute! x

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable layout! I'm totally looking forward to cheerleader and football player layouts.