Thursday, September 20, 2012

September 2012 Challenges @ The Sampler

Today is challenge day over at The Sampler Kit Club. One of the challenges includes a card sketch that I made. I hope you go over there to participate. *Holly sends out awesome prize packs! (I’ve also made a corresponding digital card front freebie. Please scroll down to download if you’re a digital scrapper.)

HL_CardSketch_Template 3Prv

Here is my example paper card. I used The Sampler September kit called Flying High to make this card for a friend who got a new job. I thought the office themed embellishments would work wonderfully. I especially loved the embossed button. It's so cute!

JobCardHeatherLandryWEB

On this next layout, I used a sketch from Holly King at The Sampler. (It’s this month’s layout challenge. Go check it out!)

I had this photo of Jordan from a few years back and it went perfectly with the pinks in the September kit. I ended up journaling about how there are moments that I wish I could stop the clock and freeze time. I swear, it seems like all three of my kids are growing up too quickly. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have a pause button?

IWishICouldStopTheClockHeatherLandryWEB

This is my digital card front example. I used a kit from Echo Park Hybrid called Sweet Day. (Please do not try to print this example. It is very low resolution and it won’t print correctly.)

BestWishesHeatherLandryWEB

Don’t forget to download the layered digital card template here. Please respect my TOU.

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your cards are BEAUTIFUL... and your lo... WOW WOW WOW!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that photo, the colors and loving the title!!!!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBB Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 1 post on Sep. 20, 2012. Thanks again.

Jojorenee said...

Loving the card and the layout!

Pamela said...

Love your layout and card!! Fabulous work!! :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love, love, love your projects!

Jennifer Grace said...

I love the hot air balloons on your layout, and the photo is gorgeous! x

Cindy Gay said...

What a beautiful picture! Striking!

lisaplus6 said...

love your post today Heather! I really enjoyed stopping by your blog today :)

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE the layout and that gorgeous pic of Jordan!