Monday, September 24, 2012

The Referee Was Blind!

As I’m sure you already know, our lives have been consumed by football and cheer. Jordan and Brandon have practice four days a week. We spent a ton of time at games on weekends, then we go to church on Saturday night. Let me just tell you honestly, my house looks like a pig sty. I finally managed to fold and put away some clothes this weekend but it doesn’t feel like I accomplished much. It’s hard because I’m a bit of a perfectionist and having my house this messy is killing me! It won’t be much longer and they are having a blast, but still…

_MG_1710

We got up even earlier than normal this past Saturday for football team pictures. We had to go to the gym at our local junior high school before Brandon’s game. I took this photo without a flash or a tripod. Obviously I'll be purchasing the professional ones, but I couldn't resist snapping my own. We love our 5/6 Saints!

_MG_1716

They also took cheer team pictures. Of course, I'm buying the professional ones from this session too. Again, I just couldn't resist capturing one of my own to share.

5x7Cheerleaders

I captured this shot while we were waiting to take the professional photos. My two little hams. They are ridiculously cute!

5x7Let'sPlay

The game was in Abita Springs this past weekend. At least they had a bench for our boys to sit on this time! At the game, Jordan stopped to give Brandon a pep talk before she started cheering. Words can NOT describe how much I love this photo. I'm thinking of enlarging it to put in their room. Sigh.

_MG_1718

Alexis was watching from the bleachers. She helped me by passing out drinks to the cheerleaders, and she chatted with us the whole time. She didn't want to cheer this year. She is sticking with riding her horse. It was ridiculously hot on Saturday. We all felt like we were roasting. I think she was glad to be sitting down instead of being out on the field.

_MG_1740

See that kid at the bottom of the pile? Yeah. That’s Brandon. He got caught up in a huge group of boys and ended up on the bottom. He got the wind knocked out of him, and I think it’s the hardest he’s been hit yet. He came off of the field crying and I felt so bad. After a while, he pulled it together and ended up going back in. My kiddo is tough. A lot of the kids were crying just because it was so hot. (Not mine.) They all had sweat pouring down their poor little faces.

_MG_1768

My happy cheerleader! She's so red in this photo. I swear, I slathered her with a half a bottle of sunscreen. I love my Jordan. (She didn't get burnt. I'm an awesome Mom if I say so myself. Ha!)

_MG_1720

Didn't believe me when I said it was hot? Look at the sweat dripping off my poor rosy cheeked boy! He drank Gatorade by the ton so we could keep him hydrated. Ronnie had just taken his helmet off before I snapped this photo.

_MG_1779

Our boys won even though the referees were BLIND. We should’ve had twelve more points than we had, but they kept calling our boys back. Argh! Here they are giving high fives to the other team before we left. When we got home, I stripped Brandon down to his undies and let him run around like that. He was so grateful to have all of his equipment off.

_MG_1786

I only have two layouts to share in this post. (One paper page, and one digital one.) I have a few more in the works, and some exciting news coming up in October about a very special Scraptastic Club kit. Unfortunately, I can’t share yet so stay tuned!

1: Spring Swim Fun

HeatherLandrySpringSwimFunWEB

I made this layout with scraps from my September Just Beachy Scraptastic Club kit and add on. I've been having a blast scrapping some older photos of my kiddos lately and I found these from 2008. Look how little they were!

This page is all about how when it gets warm in the Spring, the first thing my kids want to do is swim. They are lucky that we live in Louisiana. My design is based on a sketch from Scrapbook Trends.

2: Today You

TodayYouHeatherLandryWEB

My baby girl is one tough cookie. She's never let anyone tell her she couldn't do something because of her disability. A few weekends ago, she cheered at her first football game. Pretty awesome for a kid they said wouldn't walk! I'm so proud of her. She's such a determined little star! Linked credits here.Thank You copy

9 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE the layout about Jordan! And the pic of her encouraging Brandon is the best! So cute.

orange gearle said...

Great photos, Heather, and wonderful layouts too. Love that cheerleading layout! Proud moment, for sure!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee the photos!!!! So fun!! And I am the same way about my house being messy! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeee your lo's!!!! The photos on that second page just melt my heart!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Love Brandon with the water drops on his forehead, the b & w photo of the 2 of them.....and the pep talk photo!

Linda Jordan said...

These photos are so cute!! I especially love the pep talk photo!!

Linda

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love all your photos. j & b are so cute together. your projects are great and all refs are blind....duh.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh that tackle picture! The boy on the end totally unnecessary roughness! Looks like a great day. Truly you will always remember how hot it was but the kids wont. :-)

Izzy Anderson said...

LOVE all those pics. So cute of all the kids. Boy, what a busy week you have! Your layouts are wonderful, as always.

Heather Lynn said...

Lovin' all of the pictures of your cute kiddos, Heather! Love both of your layouts, too! I always love the colors you choose and the great designs. I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
HL