Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tutorial: Stamping With Mist

Don't you love how Scraptastic Club sometimes includes mists as an extra goody when you subscribe to the kits? I know I do! Recently, I got bored with using my mists in the same old ways so I tried something new. Of course, I'd love to share the technique with you all.

Spraying is fun and flicking mist from the sprayer is great BUT... Did you know about stamping with mist? If not, you're in luck. Check out my first (EVER) video tutorial!

This is the layout that I made with the stamped cardstock. I used some old Studio Calico veneer stars as a template to cut the stamped stars. This page is about my Brandon's first day of school. I wasn't planning to send him to school until he was ready for Kindergarten, but his pediatrician recommended that he go to preschool for socialization and speech help. I took the photo below on the day that he headed in for testing. He was just so small and the school seemed SO big.

BigBoyWEBHeatherLandry

I used one lone wood veneer boy figure to match Brandon in the photo. I adhered one of the journal spots as a mat and I popped the star up with a foam dot. I finished it off with an enamel dot.

BigBoyDetails3WEBHeatherLandry

I loved the idea of using the Hello tag as part of the title. The full title reads "Hello My Name Is Big Boy". Sigh. I just wish he would stay little. I'm sure I'm not the only Mom that feels that way.

BigBoyDetails2WEBHeatherLandry

I used the number 1 die cut because it was his first day. The life tag was used because a lot of life is learning to let your kids grow up and be independent. Whether you like it or not! You can see the stamping a lot better on this larger star. I had a blast with that technique. I love making messes!

BigBoyDetails1WEBHeatherLandry

I really hope that you enjoyed the video tutorial. All of the supplies on this page came from the Scraptastic Club September “Noted” kit, add on, and stamp add on. My layout design was inspired by a sketch from Liz Chidester.

Thank You copy

13 comments:

Sharon Fritchey said...

HEATHER!!!! I love your tutorial! thank you for sharing it with us! And wow - your layout is just amazing! The photo of Brandon walking into school is touching and beautiful. I love how you used the mists here!!!! Oh, and I love your journaling, too1!

slywalker (Lesley) said...

Hey great video Heather, and your voice is so cute, its so nice to hear you after all this time, and you did an awesome job tks for sharing.

Cindy deRosier said...

I love it! Great tutorial- that's something I've never tried. Definitely not too many 'ums'. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a special time to document!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photo, the colors, the title and loving the stars!!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

great video! thanks for the tutorial.

Margie said...

Gorgeous page! Pinned it!

Linda Jordan said...

Cute page!! What a fun stamping idea, I will have to try that :)

Linda

{Steph} said...

Love this one! There's so many great things going on here. Pinned it too!

~Steph @ Silver Boxes

Rose Red said...

so sweet and special!! Love the LO :)

Marinette said...

I love your tutorial video!! TFS! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous♥

Mitra Pratt said...

Firstly I LOVE LOVE LOVE that scraptastic kit you used! And secondly, I love all the elements you used to pull a school layout togther. My kids both ended up in B-K due to their late birthdays and now are just older in school which the teachers seem to LOVE so it does all work out. ;-)Plus, older going to college, that seems like a good thing, right?

S said...

Well look at you - great pages and now great instruction too. You rock.

Vija Anton said...

Love the layout...what an adorable photo and I love the pp's. Well done on your 1st video tutorial. I found it easy to follow and the resluts look fabulous. It was great to hear your voice too!