Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I just love Halloween. It's my favorite holiday to scrap, and I look forward to Jessica's Halloween kits all year long! Of course, I totally fell in love with the Spookfest kit. I used it to make two projects to share with everyone. (I made sure to include three or more photos on each of my pages because our theme on the Scraptastic Club blog this month is multi-photo designs!)

This layout came together really quickly. I was chatting on the phone with a friend, and I found a neat sketch by Jayne from spsetc.blogspot.ca. I finished the entire page during my phone call. I love it when that happens. I used the glittery paper to make the scallops on the top and bottom stand out.

I doodled a spider web on the paper that I chose as a mat for the title because it looked a little bare. I also created the flag cluster by layering several flags. I adhered the Oct. 31 sticker on top of another journaling sticker to add a pinked border to finish my design.

BobbingWithBubbaHeatherLandryWEB

I think this next page is my favorite that I've done this month. I'm really getting the hang of stitching on my projects. I loved the cassette tape die cut so much. It reminds me of way back when we used cassette tapes with spooky noises on Halloween to scare our friends at parties. I wonder if they have things like that on CD now? Or even MP3? Now I feel old!

This layout was inspired by a Page Drafts sketch. I changed it a little to suit my photos. I tend to take photos that fill a full 4x6 print, so cropping them smaller generally doesn't happen. I have to work harder on not zooming in so much when I take pictures so I can scrap layouts with smaller photo sizes. I’ve got to learn to leave room to crop after they are printed!

PumpkinCarverWEBHeatherLandry

Don't forget to enter the October challenges at Scraptastic Club. You don't have much time left! You can always find the challenges linked on the sidebar. Have a happy and very safe Halloween.

Thank You copy

10 comments:

Joy said...

I checked out the spookfest kit and I can see why you love it. Apple bobbing! I haven't seen that in years, awesome! Your carver layout is SO great. LOVE the turquoise and the way you embellished.

A said...

I am with you Heather, I just love halloween! Loving the b&w with the orange, so clever!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are awesome!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the designs and the awesome photos!!!! Happy Halloween!!!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Awesome! Love them.

Cindy deRosier said...

You scrapped that while on the PHONE? I am in awe.

Debbie P said...

Both of your layouts are awesome! I love your patterned papers and embellishments! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

ajscrappy said...

What a beautiful LO. I'm starting to love holloween, it's our first time clebrating it here with my baby.

Cindy Gay said...

Great layout using b & w photos with the orange accents.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

bobbing for apples is disgusting. but both layouts are super cute.

Fi said...

WOW I really love how the black and white photos look against these colours beautiful work.