Thursday, October 25, 2012

Never Can Say Goodbye

October 1st was the one year anniversary of our dog’s passing. We miss Lady every single day. I swear, sometimes I think I still hear her snoring when I wake up in the middle of the night. The kids have tried to convince us to get another dog, but Ronnie isn’t budging one bit. He doesn’t want another one. I finally scrapped one of the photos that I took of her with the kids on the day we had to say goodbye.

1. Never Can Say Goodbye

NeverCanSayGoodbyeWEBHeatherLandry

I'm working my way through some older supplies. I used my July 2012 kit from The Sampler Kit Club called "Summer Camp" to make this page. It took me a year to be able to scrap this photo.

I was inspired by the left side of Kim Watson's "Havin' A Merry Christmas" layout on page 29 of the November/December 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes.

2: Happiness Is… This Boy!

HappinessIsThisBoyHeatherLandryWEB

I absolutely love these photos of Brandon. He fell asleep while he was eating breakfast. Layouts like this are really what it's all about to me. I love remembering when my kiddos were smaller.

I used a sketch from Scrapbook Trends as well as my Blue Skies kit and add on from Scraptastic Club to create this layout.

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Joy said...

Two totally sweet layouts. Such cute photos on the happiness layout. I am really liking the kits you use :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are both so beautiful!! I love love love the one of your dog.. such precious memories you have of her!!

S said...

Fab layouts Heather. That first one is especially eye-popping with the bright colors playing off the cork.

Cindy deRosier said...

Wonderful layouts! The loss of a pet is so hard. You did a great job scrapping that beautiful pic.

I love those pics of Brandon sleeping at the table! My favorite part is that his hand was mid-grab!

Cindy Gay said...

Oh Heather, that's so touching. It took courage to scrap the photo and the layout is nice.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

lovely projects. i love the tribute to lady, such a sweet moment to remember. love the photos of sleepy brandon as well. if only they would stay that sweet. lol

Tracey Sabella said...

Oh Heather, what a touching photo to scrap. One day it will be the right time to get another pup, and until then you have these precious memories. Love this LO of Brandon too! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

WillieburgScrapper said...

Hi Heahter! Yay I found your blog through a comment you left on Cindy Gay's blog- I guess I could have just gone to SB.com and hit the link on your page... doh! Anyway I am here and following. These pages are beautiful- bright, cheerful (even with the first one's sad theme) and gorgeously designed! I am saving you card sketches for a session this weekend- love each and everyone. I just need to schedule in the time. I hope you kiddos are feeling better- that three shot of them on the bridge is hilarious!

Fi said...

Such lovely layout and gorgeous photos.