Sunday, October 28, 2012

Other People’s Kids

This past Friday I was a chaperone at the pumpkin patch. It was ridiculously hot and the kids were all whiny and fussy. It’s hard to want to play in a hay maze when you’re sweating so much that the hay sticks to you like glue. We tried to make the best of things, but we mostly just slogged through until lunch when they could get something to drink.

_MG_2269

I took a quick second to snap this photo of an open cotton pod. I found the mix of textures interesting. Each of the kids got to pick a bit of cotton to bring home. The pods are actually pretty sharp so they had to be careful.

_MG_2270

I always find chaperoning field trips very interesting. It’s neat to see how Brandon interacts with the other kids and I like watching them have fun. They only thing I don’t like is when the kids don’t listen. I really, really dislike having to fuss at other people’s kids. It just makes me uncomfortable!

_MG_2277

I didn’t shoot many photos because I was too busy chasing the kids. The few I got were when they finally sat down for a minute. Brandon’s favorite part of the field trip was getting his face painted. When he came home, the pumpkin was transferred onto his shirt. I asked him what happened and he said that he slept really well during nap time and the pumpkin just came off.

_MG_2312

Stay tuned tomorrow for a football update and some whining about how cold it was for the football game. Friday was swelteringly hot and Saturday was COLD. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind. Speaking of weather, I hope everyone in the path of Sandy stays safe!

Thank You copy

8 comments:

Joy said...

You got some cute photos :) I have to agree with you on the other peoples kids, I get uncomfortable too when I'm responsible for OPK. I never know what to say so I end up not saying anything and try just to coral them.

Fi said...

It looks like even with the heat it was still an awesome day, love the photo of the cotton coming out of the pod, nature can be so amazing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I know what you mean about watching/telling other kids what to do... lol :) Never fun!!! I loveeeeeeee the photos... looks like they had fun!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Must be my years of teaching, but I have no problem telling other people's kids to knock it off and shape up or else!

Debbie P said...

It may have been warm, but your photos are amazing! The colors are so vibrant! I can relate totally! I went on my grandson's field trip to a local farm the end of the school year last year, and trying to get my group to stay together and listen was exhausting! Fun, but exhausting! Do your live in Arizona??? That's were I am and it's still a bit hot during the days.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

what a fun trip. sorry the other children were difficult to deal with. great photos.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Aww, nap time! Hopefully the paint came out okay.

Nikki said...

I hear ya on fussing at other people's kids! lol

I also understand about visiting a pumpkin patch in the heat. Our family lives in Houston and went to a corn maze last weekend. UGH! Way too hot!! : )