Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Scrappy Therapy

My washing machine, dryer, and roof have been taking turns breaking this week. I decided to keep my mind off of all of the drama by scrapbooking. It actually helped! I thank God that scrapbooking is really therapeutic for me.

1. Sisters Are A Gift

1SistersAreAGiftHeatherLandryWEB

I love this photo of my two girls so much! I took it at my grandparent's house on Christmas Eve last year. I want them to know that they are so lucky to have a sister. Sisters are a gift from God and I'd like them to treasure each other.

Supplies:
Christmas Day Collection
Photoshop Friday: Highlight A Focal Photo

2. Covington Football

1CovingtonFootballWEB

You know what Fall means don't you? Football season! This is Brandon's first year playing football and I can honestly say... It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! He looks so tiny in his pads and helmet but let me tell you, he's been kicking butt. I've seen him hold off two other kids at once several times. I am a PROUD Momma. I wanted to document some of the photos I've been snapping.

Supplies:
Touch Down Mini-Theme
Look At This! Brushes
Photoshop Friday: Rub On Title

3. Dr. Seuss Party

HeatherLandryDrSeussPartyWEB

When I saw this paper, the whimsical designs reminded me of a Dr. Seuss book. I saved it just for this layout! I got it in a kit ages ago. These photos were taken at our local library’s Dr. Seuss party. My little monkeys love the library. My design was inspired by sketch #74 from Susan Stringfellow.

4. First Day Of School

HeatherLandryFirstDayOfSchoolWEB

This is my first layout with the absolutely fabulous October 2012 Scraptastic kit and add on called "Hall Pass". I took these photos of my kiddos on the first day of school this year. They all look SO grown up. It just kills me. Stop it already!

Speaking of Scraptastic Club… The October Reveals are up and the kits are amazing!

Blue Skies Kit

small_hl_fix_october_2012_scraptastic_club_blue_skies_kit_grande

Blue Skies Add On

small_hl_fix_october_2012_scraptastic_club_blue_skies_add_on_pink_paislee_my_minds_eye_basic_grey_clippings_the_sweetest_thing_american_crafts_9.15.12_grande

Hall Pass Kit

small_hl_fix_october_2012_scraptastic_club_hall_pass_kit_9.22.12_studio_calico_october_afternoon_bazzill_elles_studio_basic_grey_american_crafts_grande

Hall Pass Add On

small_hl_fix_october_2012_scraptastic_club_hall_pass_add_on_9.22.12_studio_calico_bazzill_grande

Bonus Kit: Spookfest

small_hl_fix_october_2012_scraptastic_club_spookfest_kit_9.22.12_october_afternoon_bazzill_my_minds_eye_carta_bella_american_crafts_grande

October Stamp Add On

october_2012_stamp_collage_grande

Aren’t they gorgeous!? Well, I’d better go get to scrapbooking! I’ve got lots of design team stuff to do.

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

gorgeous projects. you better get to work with all those kits. lol

Jojorenee said...

Glad to hear that you washed your worries away with scrapping I love this hobby & those kits!

Heather Lynn said...

Oh my goodness gracious, Heather, I love every one of your gorgeous pages!!!! Your designs are always so pretty and eye appealing! And your kiddos are adorable, too! Hope you hare having a great week!

Hugs,
HL

Cindy Gay said...

Scrapbooking helps me too keep my mind from worrying. Love the sister layout and the photo is so nice. Of course I love little Brandon in Covington football.

Mitra Pratt said...

Goodness great full post of pages!!! Hate you had to have scrap therapy but they turned out very nicely!!! Wow!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS!! I love love love the colors and the photos!! And sorry everything has been breaking lately :(

Cindy deRosier said...

Your pages are awesome! Something I love about your layouts is that there is so much variety. While you have a certain style, your layouts don't all look the same. You use the full spectrum of colors and a huge variety of techniques, products, etc.

Fi said...

SO many beautiful pieces of work, but have to say my favourite would be the football one!!!

S said...

Pretty pages, every one. I especially like that Christmas one, must check out that line. I'm sorry to hear that things are breaking all around you. Glad you coped by playing with paper.