Monday, October 15, 2012

Sketch/Template #26

Hello everyone! I have another sketch and digital template to share. Please feel free to pin it, or save it to your computer for later use. If you are a digital scrapbooker, please scroll down for your template freebie.

HL_Sketch_Template 26

The sketch was based on this scrapbook page that I created with the October 2012 Scraptastic Club Hall Pass kit and add on. It features some photos of my kiddos on the first day of school this year. They were so nervous and excited all at the same time.

HeatherLandryFirstDayOfSchoolWEB_1

As always, my design team made some amazing examples. I love my MMD Divas so much. They do a great job showing that you can use the sketch in many different ways.

Lesley Walker made this soft, sweet layout with an awesome scalloped circle as one of her layers. The purple paper really pops, and I adore the fact that she used these super photos of her granddaughter. She looks like quite a character!

little miss

Sharon Fritchman decided to use a lovely photo that she took when she went for a walk in her neighborhood. The way she carried the balloon embellishments through her design is fantastic! I especially love the die cut birds, and the fun cloud embellishments really make this layout shine.

Sharon Fritchman

Mitra Pratt’s project is fun and interesting all at the same time! The large punched borders set the photos off so well, and I think it’s awesome that she used a custom made flower embellishment. The fabric in it works fabulously with the theme.

Mitra Pratt

This page was sent in by Marlene Murphy. She added lovely punched borders to her design, and I think they look fantastic! The amazing photos make you wish you’d been there with her. She always does such a great job of telling a story through her work.

Marlenelas bailarinas

Nancy Keslin provided this gorgeous layout about her kids doing their school work outside. She’s lucky to have such gorgeous weather in California. It’s way too hot for that here! I love the playful feel of her page and the alpha she chose for her title work is so cool.

NancyKeslinschool time

This creative page is from Ali! She incorporated a super cute embellishment cluster near her journaling. I really admire the way she tells the story of her everyday life on her pages. The little green polka dot bow adds a lot of interest to her design.

Ali K.

Melissa Birlem sent me this detailed digital project. The puzzle pieces are a great embellishment choice and I like how she used a the obituary as a supporting detail on this incredible tribute layout.

HL_Sketch_Template 26_MelissaBirlem copy

Thank you very much for your help ladies! I appreciate every one of you.

Note: I don’t have a digital example to share this week because we’ve been insanely busy with football and cheer. Sorry!

If you’re a digital scrapbooker and you’d like to download the layered digital template freebie that I created in Adobe Photoshop Elements, you can download it HERE. Please respect my TOU.

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Sharon Fritchey said...

Awesome sketch, Heather! So versatile!!! I love what all of the design team members did with it this time! So cool and creative!!!!! Thanks Heather!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! These are all fab!! LOVING that background paper on Mitra's lo!!!!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBB Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Oct. 15, 2012. Thanks again.

Joy said...

Awesome sketch and lots of great inspiration
from the DT.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

lovely projects...great sketch. thanks for sharing.

Cindy deRosier said...

Oooh, I'm downloading this sketch. I totally have an idea in mind...

Cindy Gay said...

Great job with the first day photo and layout.

Mitra Pratt said...

Rock Star Sketch, Heather! And thanks Julie!

Finally got my page up and posted. It was LONG because there was so much to say!!!

http://mitralee.blogspot.com/2012/10/braces-yarn-page-for-miracles-momma.html

heather said...

THANK YOU for sharing your wonderful templates ! I created a digital scrapbook page with this sketch, you can see it here http://craftysahmiam.blogspot.com/2016/05/old-sea-shanty-digi-kit.html