Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Slammed Saturday

Saying this past Saturday was busy would be an incredible understatement. Brandon woke up with a headache, but he wanted to play football anyway. My in-laws came over to the house and we all drove to the game. Jordan couldn’t cheer due to having her adenoids out so she rested on the sidelines.

IMG_2169

Brandon went in for one play and he got tackled HARD. See the kid in the gold jersey on the ground with a knee on his head? That’s him. He came off of the field with his head hurting even worse. He wanted to stay and watch the game so he sat on the sidelines with Ronnie. The game ended in a tie and we all went out to lunch.

IMG_2173

After lunch was over, we drove to our local pumpkin patch only to discover that the patch was closed. It looked like a ghost town! My father-in-law was determined to buy pumpkins for the kids so we stopped at the grocery store on the way home.

My in-laws went home after spending an hour at our house visiting with the kids. The girls asked me if I would take their photos because they were dressed really adorably for the pumpkin patch. We went outside to snap a few portraits before I had to get ready to teach the Saturday children’s special needs class at church.

Miss Jordan has pretty sparkly brown eyes and her shirt really made them pop. I love catching those lovely little lights in her eyes.

_MG_2194

Alexis loved the fact that her clothes matched Jordan’s. I caught pretty lights in her eyes too. Her eyes are such a dark brown that they’re almost black. Really gorgeous!

5x7Fall

We headed to a slumber party after I taught at church. Jordan’s friend Bella had a birthday and we had a blast celebrating with her family. It was Jordan’s first time sleeping out and as you can tell by the photo below, she had an amazing time!

285672_3436840979736_806840938_n

The girls didn’t go to sleep until three in the morning and I’m still making up for my sleep deficit. Thank goodness Bella’s Mom and I are good friends. We were able to keep ourselves entertained while the girls were up. Like I said… Saturday was CRAZY!

Thank You copy

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!!! LOVING the photos... the girls look so beautiful in the fall color outfits!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

All that fun and then the flu for everyone. :(

A said...

I love Jordan's eyes. Lexi's too :-)

Cindy Gay said...

Love the girls photos.

Sand and Sunshine said...

3 am, Wow! You have me thankful for the midnighters that seem to come from sleepovers around here.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

great weekend! love all the photos. thanks for sharing.