Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stand Up And Get Crunk?

Brandon had another football game last Saturday. I swear, football is the only thing we do lately. It was an away game in Pearl River at the Sixth Ward Jr. High. We arrived right on time and we were welcomed by loud music highlighted by lots and LOTS of cursing. Oh lovely! Jordan and Brandon looked at me and said, “Oooh Mommy we don’t listen to music with curse words!” The worst part is that the announcers were the ones playing the music over the loudspeakers. I might be getting old, but I found it completely inappropriate for a football game for five year olds. I mean. Really!?

Brandon got to be a team captain at this game. He went out on the field and got to call the coin toss. He said it was the best part of the game. This was my first time using my zoom lens to catch closer photos of the action. Let me tell you… I am in LOVE!

IMG_2087

My boy is really picking up this football thing. The kid he’s blocking was easily 6-8 inches taller. I wish the coaches would pay more attention to him in practice. They have favorites, and they just so happen to be their own kids. Not very surprising, but still. It stinks when Brandon mentions that he wishes they would play him more. He really wants to learn.

IMG_2101

In the photo below, he’s blocking two kids at once! Unfortunately, they ended up losing the game. The team they played against was TOUGH. They knocked the goodness our of our boys. We had several kids come crying back to the bench. Brandon got knocked down once, but he was more mad than sad. He gets frustrated when he doesn’t tackle the kid from the other team.

IMG_2105

I love this photo. A few of the boys had thrown their arms around each others’ shoulders. Brandon’s friend Zack is facing him and talking to him. I took this shot from the bleachers. That telephoto lens is amazing!

IMG_2146

Good sportsmanship is what it’s all about. We always high five the other team when the game is over. The boys were quite bummed about losing, but they need to understand that you can’t win them all!

IMG_2156

I’ve got another batch of photos to edit from yesterday’s game. It was eventful to say the least. Right now I’m watching Brandon sleep. He has a high fever and has been really sick all day. Alexis and Jordan are sick too, but not as sick as he is. I’m bringing them all to the doctor’s office in the morning. They are going to LOVE me.

Thank You copy

7 comments:

Linda Jordan said...

Awww these photos are so cute, it's adorable seeing them in their miniature uniforms. I hope they feel better!!

Linda

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awesome photos!! They are just sooooooooo adorable!! And I can't believe they were playing that music for a kids game... crazy...

Cindy deRosier said...

Great pics! Good luck with the dr. visit - hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Alison said...

Get better soon! Sending hugs!!

Tamika said...

Oh I love the action shots of the game! He looks so cute one more year to see if my little guy will try it out.
I thought it was because I was a churchgoer that explicit lyrics hurt my ears but I don't think you're getting old its just that now we realize what should be appropriate and what shouldn't.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

great photos. football looks fun! lol......i thought he was playing too much...now not enough?

Sand and Sunshine said...

Sorry your little ones are all sick, that sucks, but hun your pictures are amazing! Love the crisp clarity! You always have great pictures but wowee you're working that camera!