Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Terrific Chicken

Last Thursday was Brandon’s Terrific Kid ceremony. He is such a good boy in school. This is his second year being chosen. We aren’t surprised in the least. My boy is awesome! I couldn’t attend the event because Jordan had therapy. Ronnie took the day off of work to go with him. I forgot to give him the camera, but he remembered and grabbed it on the way out. He snapped a few photos for me. (He’s a good boy too!)

_MG_1845

I think this is the best photo of my two boys ever. I love the mischievous light in their eyes. They are both such stinkers! I love them to bits and pieces.

_MG_1846

I dropped Jordan off at the school after therapy so I could go on Brandon’s field trip to the fair next door. They went to the fair so they could visit the 4-H animal exhibits. I’m not sure it was very educational for the Kindergarteners because the teacher is a total city girl and she didn’t know much beyond animal names. It was pretty funny!

_MG_1854

Brandon loves horses. He was chatting with me about riding a pony when I snapped this photo. I couldn’t let him during the field trip because we weren’t allowed to let them ride rides. You can tell he was turning on the charm though. Can you see the “Please Mom!” look?

_MG_1857

I snapped a few photos of the animals too. I played with the depth of field settings in this photo of a chicken. I never knew chickens could have orange eyes! I guess I did learn something.

_MG_1868

I also didn’t know that pigs could reach 900 pounds. Don’t worry. This guy won’t be turned into bacon. He’s a pet! As you can tell, he’s pretty spoiled rotten. Look at the contented grin on his face!

_MG_1879

Thank You copy

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Great, now you've got me googling chicken images to find out if they all have orange eyes!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL to Cindy's comment!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

What a sweet page you'll make with these!

Linda Jordan said...

This looks like a fun fieldtrip! I had a pig for 4-H when I was younger, they are lots of work but you make a lot of money [for a kid] auctioning them off. It was so sad though that my Jenny was turned into bacon...I cried until I got the check & was able to buy my first computer. Ah, the circle of life. I can tell you though that my Jenny was the same breed as the pig in that photo, it's a Hampshire. My brother had a Duroc, they are the redish/brown ones & they usually have bigger, floppier ears. Also a common breed are the Yorkshires, they are the solid pink ones. There's some fair animal trivia :) lol

Linda