Saturday, October 6, 2012

Too Cool For Kindergarten

I don't know about you, but I'm having a hard time getting used to the fact that my kids are growing up really quickly. It seems like my son was born just yesterday, and now he's in Kindergarten. It doesn't help that he's super smart too. It makes him seem so much older than his actual age. (Brandon was already reading before he entered Kindergarten this year and he knows all of the sight words. Thank goodness he's a good boy. He doesn't disturb the class when he's finished with his work.)

For this post, I decided to scrap a photo that I took of Brandon on the first day of Kindergarten. I used the amazingly fantastic Hall Pass kit and add on. I designed my title work around one of the neat custom Scraptastic Club die cuts that came in the kit. The large journaling spot with the apple on it was perfect for a school page too!


Here's a closer view of several of the layers. I had a hard time adhering the American Crafts tabs so I grabbed my sewing machine to stitch them down. After I stitched the tabs, I decided to add some zig zag stitching on the page as well. Would you believe this is the first time I've sewn on a layout with my machine? I was really nervous about it, but it all turned out fine.

****************

The lower left corner features a clock for the October Afternoon sticker sheet, some stitching, Studio Calico mist, and an Elle's Studio banner. I tried really hard to keep this layout simple because I wanted the focus on the photo. Note: This layout was inspired by a sketch from Scrapbook Trends.

****************

Don't forget to participate in the October challenges at the Scraptastic Club blog. Jessica has a super cool prize every month. You'll find the challenges linked on the right side of the blog!

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Sand and Sunshine said...

To cool! Of all your posts you knew I had to read this one. SEWING MACHINE! I love the way your zigzag looks, Terrific. :-)

As for the big K, can't help you there. The older I get the faster the years fly by!

Cindy deRosier said...

Love it! The stitching looks great and I love the teeny drips of mist.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the photo, the colors and loveeeeeeeeeeee the splatters!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

What a great portrait and super nice layout.

Joy said...

That looks like an awesome kit. This is an awesome layout! I really like how you did the title the splatters.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so cute. brandon is getting so big so fast! i love the design and the colors.

LG said...

I really love this page Heather! Great layering and perfect photo. You captured the moment!

Fi said...

This is lovely, great clean style and the sprinkle of misting looks great.

Linda Jordan said...

This is so cute! I love the stitching details!!

Linda