Friday, October 26, 2012

Twigs And Berries

The kids weren’t quite ready to go back to school yesterday, but they had serious cabin fever. We had to drop by the schools to pick up their missed school work, and we stopped to take a brief walk on a local nature trail just to get outside for a little while.

Everyone thought it was a great idea to walk in the leaves and twigs until they actually started doing it. Apparently flip flops and sandals aren’t approved nature walk footwear. (I was wearing heeled flip flops and I didn’t have a problem. I think the girls were being a bit whiny because they weren’t all the way well yet.)

_MG_2241

Here’s a photo of the three of them on one of the bridges. I made them hold hands. Alexis looks like I’m attempting to kill her by making her spend time with her brother and sister. “Ack! They’re touching me!”

_MG_2238

By the end of our little trip, the only child who wasn’t throwing a fit was Brandon. We stopped really quickly on the way back to the van to snap this photo of him in some tall grass just because I thought it would be pretty. I mean manly. Yes, very manly.

_MG_2253

I don’t have any scrapbook pages to share because my sick children have demanded all of my time and energy. Tomorrow’s not looking good either! I have to chaperone a field trip. It will be okay though. Field trips = photo opportunities.

Thank You copy

6 comments:

Sharon Fritchey said...

Love these photos so much, Heather! I am taking a photography class right now and this week's assignment is to concentrate on objects, not people! That's what your first photo reminds me of! such great texture here. I can see why it is not good for sandals and flip-flops! LOL!!! I love your photos of your family, too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!! Have fun on the field trip!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Manly, indeed! I hope you're all feeling better soon. It looks like you have some beautiful weather to get out and enjoy.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

bwaa haa haa...you are so mean! good to get some fresh air.

Tracey Sabella said...

Such sweet photos, Heather!! Family first, always I say!! Praying that your children are better and able to enjoy the field trip! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Cindy Gay said...

Brandon's going to out grow the girls very soon! Great photo of the three!