Thursday, October 11, 2012

Unhappily Tied

Another photo update! You all know that I take photos just because I love my camera so much, right? I love to practice and learn new things. By the time you read this post, I should have my new telephoto lens in my hands. I can not WAIT until this Saturday’s game. I am seriously excited to get some close up photos of my boy doing his football thing.

These are the photos from last Saturday. We played at a school on Lee Road and our boys did a great job. My in-laws came along to watch the game. I was praying like crazy that Brandon didn’t get really smashed in a pile up because my mother-in-law is already unhappy that we’re letting him play full contact football. He was extra nervous because they were there, so instead of his usual smiles I got this face. Poor kiddo!

_MG_1907

We had an unexpected addition to the cheer team. Only three girls showed up in uniform to cheer, so the team Mom and I decided to ask Lexie to cheer. She did a great job! (She already knew all of the cheers from watching Jordan practice.) I was surprised that she wanted to participate because she refused before. Go Lexie!

_MG_1915

It was ridiculously hot again but our boys did a great job. We tied the top team in the league and let me just say… They were NOT happy about it. They even petitioned the referees to allow overtime even though it’s not allowed in their age division. I’ve heard of sore losers before but that’s just ridiculous! They were undefeated before they met up with our 5/6 Saints so it ruined their record.

_MG_1935

Brandon is on first string defense. He was waiting for the offense to come off so he could go on the field in the photo below. He got knocked down hard once, and he came off of the field looking teary eyed. I went to check on him and he wasn’t hurt. He was ticked that he didn’t knock the other guy down first. He must take after me. I cry when I get mad!

_MG_1953

At this point in the game we lost another cheerleader, the remaining girls look hot but happy! I think their little uniforms are too cute. Their bows are bigger than their heads. Jordan shared her pom poms with Alexis. Isn’t she sweet?

_MG_1956

After the game was over, the boys waited on the sidelines to high five the other team. Brandon kept saying “A tie?” “What?!” (I should mention that our team was undefeated too. The parents on our side didn’t have a hissy fit about the tie though.) Brandon didn’t understand what that meant. He kept asking, “But who WON?”

_MG_1980

It all worked out in the end though. I explained it. I told him we’d probably see that team again in the playoffs. Is it mean of me to hope that we clobber them then? I’m turning into a football Mom for sure!

5 x 7 Brown Eyes

Thank You copy

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just the sweetest photos!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that last one!!!!

Joy said...

Excellent photos. Have fun with the new lens :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

great photos. love that lexi is cheering now! you should get her a uniform...think of the adorable photos.

Cindy deRosier said...

Makes me sad that the "it's having fun that counts" message isn't being taught to everyone. I'm glad your team gets it.

Stacey said...

LOVE your story!!! And the pics are fantastic....especially the last one! I love that closeup with the facegaurd framing the pic!!!! And may I just say that turning into a "football mom" is not a bad thing....so long as you don't turn into a CraZy football mom! Have fun with your new lens :)

Stacey

A said...

I love this Heather, the boys and the cheerleaders, they are all adorable. Love Lexie's fleur de lis tee :-)