Thursday, November 22, 2012

Family Photo Shoot

Every year I beg some random relative to snap a candid photo of us for our Christmas card. Not this year! I’ve finally got a kickin’ camera with a tripod and a remote.

I made my family dress in something other than their pajamas last Saturday and we made the trek to our local state park. I got to play momarazzi and practice my photography skills all at the same time.

The only thing Alexis loves more than being outside is being outside at the beach. It was really fitting to take this photo of her at the lake. She loves it there and so do I.

_MG_3163

Jordan asked Ronnie to put her up on a high branch in an oak tree. Ronnie called me over to take a photo. After I recovered from the shock of being ASKED to take a picture, I snapped this shot.

_MG_3218

Here we have the most elusive of photos! It’s a picture that I’m actually in. Gotta love the look on Brandon’s face. I’d just finished kissing his cheek really loudly. He looks thrilled.

5x7 Love

You should’ve heard the fussing over asking them to kneel in the sand. “We’re going to get dirty!” Umm… How is that different than any other day playing in the backyard? Sand brushes off and I have to scrub the dirt out. Just sayin’ people.

5x7Family

Miss Jordan sitting on the roots of a huge oak tree at the park. Gotta love that sassy smirk. You can just see the mischief brewing.

5x7Lovely

This is Brandon saying, “No more pictures Mom.” “I’m too tired for photos.”

5x7TheBoy_

Oh please guys? Just one more. I still haven’t gotten the perfect one of the three of you. This one is better. Thanks my babies!

5x7Kids_

Well maybe just one more… Then again maybe not. (Is it terrible that this is my favorite photo from the entire session? It shows so much of their personalities.)

5x7TheRealDeal_

After all of that, we do have a winning family photo. I’m not ready to share the completed Christmas card here yet, but I will wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your day is full of food, family, and fun. I’ll be purposefully missing all of the madness that is Black Friday tomorrow, but if you go out please be safe.

Thank You copy

5 comments:

Sharon Fritchey said...

Heather!!!!!!! Your photos are soooooooo beautiful! I have to get my tripod out!!!!! You have inspired me! I absolutely love every single one of them. I stopped by to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. I am very grateful to have met you in scrappy land! Thanks so much, Heather!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee these photos!!! ESPECIALLY love the one of you in it!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cindy Gay said...

You got some great portraits Heather. Brandon sure can deny his Mom! Love the picture of "Miss Jordan"!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful pics! My fav is of Jordan and Ronnie. But my second fav is the one with Jordan distracted, Brandon so incredibly bored, and Alexis glaring. Fabulous!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

your photos are lovely...as is your family.