Friday, November 2, 2012

Something ‘Bout A Truck

We carved pumpkins last Sunday. I really enjoy taking photos of everyone carving pumpkins and I like carving the faces, but I do not like cutting the top off of the pumpkin to pull them stem out. (It all goes back to the time that I nearly cut the tip of my finger off when I was eight years old.) I always get Ronnie to cut the tops out.

_MG_2452

I also don’t like pulling the pumpkin guts out. It’s so bad that I often invite people over to “help” carve pumpkins so I can get them to do that part for me. I was supposed to have extra help when we had our sleepover on Saturday but Brandon got pink eye so the sleepover was cancelled. Instead, I had to recruit my children for the task. As you can see, Jordan isn’t a big fan of pumpkin guts either.

_MG_2455

Brandon was overwhelmed by it all. “You mean you want me to stick my hand inside the pumpkin?” “With all of the slimy stuff?” “Yeah, so NOT going to happen Momma.” (I’m right there with you kid.)

_MG_2457

I ended up having to help Brandon scrape his pumpkin guts and I’m still shuddering from the feel of it a week later. Blech! Alexis was the only one that didn’t mind getting dirty. In fact, she took great pleasure in taunting me with the squishy guts.

_MG_2472

These are our finished pumpkins. We had an Angry Bird pumpkin and a happy face pumpkin. We were supposed to have more, but we discovered that two of the pumpkins we’d bought were a bit squishy and overripe. So gross!

IMG_2507

Ronnie also washed his truck on Sunday. Brandon is getting older and he wants to do everything his Daddy does. He asked me to give him some warmer clothes so he could go outside and help. Of course, I grabbed my camera to snap a few photos. I think Brandon’s favorite part was climbing into the truck to wash the top.

IMG_2421

Ronnie showed Brandon how to dry the truck with microfiber cloths. He had to check out the texture on the towel to see why it was different.

IMG_2436

Ronnie also assigned Brandon to dry the rims on the tires. It turns out that his little hands are perfect for fitting into the holes. I think Ronnie has a new truck washing buddy!

IMG_2439

Thank You copy

8 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I like your Angry Bird! And the little one with the huge eyes and teeny smile is so cute!

Mitra Pratt said...

Dude! I hate scraping them out too!!! Great photos! I will share our soon!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

i agree...pumpkin guts are gross...and ya gotta keep that truck clean. hee hee

Cindy Gay said...

I love the photos in black and white but most of all I love the pictures of the guys shining the truck!

Fi said...

Great story and photos but be aware if you get an invite on pumpkin carving night or you will get the crap jobs...too funny. Not that we celebrate Halloween here in Australia but I hate trying to cut into pumpkins at the best of time I leave that job to my hubby. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and how sweet they are washing the truck together!! Brookie loves to help her Daddy with our car too!!!

Sharon Fritchey said...

I love this post, Heather. Your b&w photos look amazing!!!!

Linda Jordan said...

Adorable pumpkins!! I hate the gooey insides too...but I love roasting the pumpkin seeds, yum! :)

Linda