Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Sampler: November 2012 Card Challenge

I made a sketch for the November challenges over at The Sampler Kit Club this month. (I’ve also created a matching digital freebie. If you want it, scroll down!) I hope this sketch inspires you. If it does, don’t forget to link your creation on their blog! You’ll be entered to win a sampling of products from The Sampler.

HL_TheSamplerCardSketchNovember2012

I used the sketch as inspiration for the card below. I loved the bright colors in the November Home Sweet Home kit. I’m calling this one an anniversary card, but I think it would work well as an everyday card too.

LoveItAnniversaryHeatherLandryWEB_1

I also made a digital template from the sketch to give away to my hybrid card making friends. This is my example card. I used a paper pack and embellishments by Samantha Walker. *Please don’t try to print the example card. It’s extremely low resolution and it won’t work! You can download the template here.

HL_CongratsCardWEB

Holly created an amazing sketch for The Sampler’s layout challenge. I’m sharing what she made here, but please link any pages that you make with it on The Sampler’s blog.

59037_10200116569976288_775992777_n

This is my take on Holly’s sketch. Alexis has entered a stage where getting her to smile for photos is totally hit or miss. I wanted to document her lack of enthusiasm for my photography with a layout. Ha!

Journaling: Alexis, Act like you love your siblings. Please smile!

Again, I used the November 2012 kit called Home Sweet Home from The Sampler kit club to create this page.

PleaseSmileHeatherLandryWEB

Thank You copy

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh these are all GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors, that rolled flower on your card, and that photo on your lo is just toooooooooooooo sweet!! Adam is 15 and getting him to smile now is PURE torture!! LOL!!! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome layout. It's SO frustrating when they won't just smile! Trevor is starting that now. Unfortunately, most people say that the phase lasts a decade or so. Ugh!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

cute projects.