Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Touch Me Nots (Scraptastic Club)

Remember the paper layouts I told you about? Here they are! I finally got them edited so I could share.

1: Touch Me Nots

HeatherLandryTouchMeNotsWEB

I used my Scraptastic Club Farmer's Market kit and add on to create this page about Jordan touching plants to make their leaves curl closed. It's something I used to do as a little girl at my grandparents' house and it was so neat to show her the same thing. Generations have been amazed by those little quirky plants.

My design was inspired by a fantastic PageMaps sketch from Becky Fleck. I used the exclusive photo themed stamps that I designed for Scraptastic Club on this layout.

2. Give Thanks

HeatherLandryGiveThanksCardWEB

I had SO much fun using the exclusive November 2012 Scraptastic Club fall themed stamps on my card. It's really neat to have my actual designs in hand. Having my own clear stamps made has been a dream of mine for a while, I'm so thrilled that it came true! Again, I used the Farmer's Market November 2012 kit and add on to make this card. It helped me use the last of my scraps from my kit. This card was inspired by yet another amazing PageMaps sketch.

Thank You copy

8 comments:

Joy said...

Congrats on your new stamps! They look both look awesome, my fav. is the photo themed set. I love your give thanks card. The glitter on the leaf and the layering of your leaf stamp are fab !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh these are GORGEOUS!! I love love love all the trees on the first one!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful card! I can't imagine how cool it would be to use my own stamps on something! So awesome!

I'd never heard of touch-me-not plants, so I googled them and watched a video. Neat! Thanks for teaching me something new today. :)

Debbie P said...

OMG, these projects are gorgeous! You did a fab job on both!

Sharon Fritchey said...

I love what you did with this kit, Heather! You layout and card are awesome! I really like how you used the tree paper - I have been struggling with this paper and soooooo want to use it!

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty Heather. Nice design. Like the larger tree in the bottom right corner!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a fabulous page!! How wonderful to document traditions that pass down from generation to generation!! Lovely card, too!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

lovely projects. great colors.