Thursday, November 8, 2012

Very Thankful (Scraptastic Club)

We don't get too many fall leaves to play in here due to the higher temps. We have three seasons: hot, humid and really hot, and slightly chilly. I was thrilled to see that our local park had gathered a big pile of leaves when we went there on field trip last Winter. I snapped quite few photos of Brandon throwing leaves in the air. I knew the Farmer's Market kit would be a perfect match for these pictures!

I used a PageMaps sketch as inspiration for my design because I was struggling a bit with the "layered up" theme at Scraptastic Club this month. You all know that I'm a really linear scrapper and I couldn't abandon that completely. I did layer bunches of embellishments. Title work, bingo cards, hexagon stickers, a banner, and a bird make up one cluster. Another cluster includes three stickers, two banners, a word sticker, and some bling. See? Mucho layering!

HL_VeryThankfulWEB

I also made a second project with the Farmer's Market kit. It's a no mess cupcake box. I am making them to give to my kids' teachers to thank them for all of their hard work. Of course, they'll have cupcakes inside once I get them all finished. I layered a wreath sticker, a paper strip, a leaf, and a big floss bow on top of the box.

HL_NoMessCupcakeBox

That's all for me today. Don't forget to enter the November Challenges on the blog. There's always an extra awesome prize!

Thank You copy

7 comments:

Fi said...

Lovely Autumn page and I love the cupcake box will come in handy with Christmas coming up.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee your lo!!! BEAUTIFUL photos, layers and LOVING the added leaves!!! And I love love love love that box!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Debbie P said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love it! This is one of my favs of ours! Love the photos. No surprise, you take the best photos!

Cindy deRosier said...

Layering is hard for me, but I think you've done a perfect job of combining layering with CAS!

Cindy Gay said...

Like the picture of Brandon with the flying leaves! Very nice!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

lovely autumn projects.

Linda Jordan said...

Lovely page! I love the fall colors & the photos are adorable :)

Linda