Friday, November 23, 2012

What’s Cookin’?

Hello! I hope you all had an absolutely fantastic Thanksgiving yesterday. While we're all coming down from our turkey and sugar high, I thought I would share a bit of holiday help. I come from a family full of amazing cooks and we always take pictures of the food before we eat it at holiday gatherings. I already scrapped most of those photos from last year, but I had a leftover photo of my grandfather in the kitchen. I decided that I really wanted to use it to tell a story about his excellent cooking.

When I'm struggling to scrapbook traditional holiday photos, I often try to come up with a different angle for my journaling. Instead of journaling about my grandfather taking the turkey out for Thanksgiving, I brought up his talent as a cook and the fact that he makes an amazing gumbo. Don't feel limited to one story line. Everyone can tell by the date and the turkey in the photo that it's Thanksgiving. The more detailed journaling helps me remember a fact about my grandpa that I don't ever want to forget.

HeatherLandryWhat'sCookinWEB

Supplies:
Dani Mogstad's Secret Recipe Kit
Jessica Sprague's PSF Fonts & Alphas

Thank You copy

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the photo, the story and loveeeeeeeeee the ribbon action!!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Awesome idea! Sometimes it is a bit stifling to tell a story about the pic especially if we already scrapped and told stories about similar pics on the same occasion! Very nice layout! Love the folded ribbon, hidden hexagon trail and the turkey and stove embellies!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Good advice. I like how you created a polaroid look for the pic.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

your so smart and your layout is so cute.