Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Winning!?

We had another playoff game last Saturday. It was so foggy when we got there that we worried about actually being able to SEE the boys play! The game started with our boys running through a huge Saints banner that said, “Who Dat!”. Brandon absolutely loved it! The boys were cheering and yelling, and it was so stinkin’ cute.

IMG_2808

After they ran through the banner, they lined up on the sidelines and held hands. Let me tell you… They might be five but the sight of all of these tough little boys brought a tear to my eye. It was such an awesome show of solidarity and team work.

IMG_2813

Unfortunately, because it was a  playoff game the coaches focused on the more aggressive older players. Brandon and several other boys didn’t get to play ONE single play. You all know I’m a momma bear and I get upset when my kids are upset. Not even one play! You can see on his face that he was so sad. He kept going up to the coach just waiting to go in. Our team ended up winning, but at what cost? I know that several boys had their self esteem flattened by the thought of not being good enough to play.

IMG_2821

That’s my biggest gripe about organized sports. I was told when we signed him up that it was a league where everyone played in every game. That’s part of the reason WHY we signed him up. They are supposed to be learning how to play instead of having that competitive focus. Unfortunately the coaches seem to have missed that memo. I’m not saying my kid is the greatest football player. In fact, I know he’s not. He just loves the game and he wanted to play. It’s disappointing. Ronnie is addressing the issue with the coaches at practice this weekend. I don’t trust myself because I would probably be snarky or sarcastic.

My first thought was to ask the coaches if he should even GO to the championship game this weekend. Because it’s the championship and if they won’t let him play in the playoffs… I could save my $12.00 in entrance fees and my gas money for something my kid would actually be allowed to do. Ugh!

In other news, I managed to get a few digital scrapbook pages completed in the midst of all of the madness over the past week. As you can see, I’m in LOVE with Dani Mogstad’s new products. She has the cutest goodies!

1: Happy Dance

1HappyDanceHeatherLandryWEBPSFTypeMaskTool

Jordan had her first sleepover last month. It was a dance themed Halloween party for one of her friends. She was thrilled with the music and the disco ball. We boogied until 1 AM and some of the girls were up until 3 AM. It was wild!

Supplies:
Monstrosity Complete Kit
Jessica Sprague's PSF Type Mask Tool

2: Pumpkin Patch

5PumpkinPatchHeatherLandryWEBPSFCustom Shape2

I got to chaperone Brandon's field trip to the pumpkin patch last week, and I scrapped the photos right away with this gorgeous kit called Happy Fall Y'all from Dani Mogstad. I used the template from Jessica Sprague's Photoshop Friday lesson called “Using The Custom Shape Tool”.

Supplies:
Dani Mogstad's Birds Of A Feather Collection
Jessica Sprague's PSF: Using The Custom Shape Tool

I’m off to go vote. If you live in the USA, don’t forget! If you don’t vote then you can’t complain about the president that gets elected. (Just sayin’!)

Thank You copy

8 comments:

Debbie P said...

Love your fall & Halloween layouts! Great colors and digi product choices!

A said...

Oh I am with you 100%, he should have been able to play! Absolutely!!!
We had the fog too (I love foggy days!!!) it was so beautiful.

Cindy deRosier said...

I'd be furious if a coach in an allegedly 'everyone plays' league didn't play everyone. Even if it wasn't my kid. I hope Ronnie gets the point across. That's wrong at any age, but especially at 5.

Mitra Pratt said...

Miss Heather!!!! I have resubscribed twice but still
not getting your pots in my email!!!! Hoping it fixes itself soon!!!! Wow that is a foggy game!!! I am mad he did not get to play....not cool when they are so young!!!! Love you digi pages!!! They rock!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That's a bummer about him not playing! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! I love love love the colors and that fun monster!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

I love the dance photo and Brandon on the bench by most of all I like the Pumpkin Patch page.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

sorry brandon didn't get to play. love the new projects tho.

Fi said...

Lovely pages, the page design on the 2nd page looks great with that leave die cut.