Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Picnic

We always eat dinner as a family and I try really hard to keep it interesting. One of the ways I do that is by having monthly dinner topics. In October we played good thing, bad thing. You have to list a good thing that happened in your day and a bad thing if you have one. It’s a good opener for discussion to find out about the kids’ day at school. In November we had a gratitude theme where we listed something we were thankful for every day.

Things are always really hectic in December and since Ronnie gets home from work late, it’s hard to fit in time to watch Christmas specials with the kids. The other night I killed two birds with one stone. We had a Christmas picnic in the living room so we could watch Rudolph during dinner. I threw a Christmas blanket over our coffee table for ambiance and the kids loved it.

IMG_4406

I’ve been editing photos like a madwoman today. I got really far behind on our photos while I was editing everyone else’s. I’ll have some up on my blog tomorrow, but for now I have two digital pages to share.

1. Choir Concert

10ChoirConcertHeatherLandryWEB

Jordan has wanted to sing in the elementary school choir ever since she found out there was one. They don't let kids join until they are in second grade no matter how much they beg. LOL This was her first choir concert and she was SO happy!

Supplies:
Dani Mogstad's Mistletoe Magic Kit

2. Merry Christmas

10Merry ChristmasHeatherLandryWEB

I used Lori Whitlock's new Christmas Eve collection to create this page about one of the best gifts I've ever gotten. My son!

Supplies:
Lori Whitlock's Christmas Eve Collection
Jessica Sprague's Photoshop Friday Create A Collage

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

picnics are so fun. love both your layouts.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What great ideas to have the kids open up more!! I LOVE IT!! And loving your lo's!! LOVING that grid on the first one!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Ah, I love the layout with you and Brandon!

A said...

I love the concept of christmas picnic Heather :-) I sometimes picnic on my couch :-o

Mitra Pratt said...

Yummy fun picnic!!! Great pages love the shoe photos!!!

Linda Jordan said...

I love the Christmas picnic, that's such a fun idea!! Your layouts are gorgeous :)

Linda

Debbie P said...

Love your layouts! And what a fun idea, a Christmas picnic!

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE the layouts, especially the choir concert one. Great use of a grid.

Fi said...

Lovely page and awesome photos as always.