Monday, December 31, 2012

Country Christmas

We spent Christmas Eve at my grandparents’ house and Jordan appointed herself the “smoking police” again. Several members of my family smoke and Jordan has been through anti-drug training at school. She goes outside all the time to tell them how “smoking causes low birth weight babies and emphysema”. I think it’s pretty funny, but I’m sure the smokers don’t appreciate it much. Too bad! They need to hear it. Here she is giving my cousin Katie an earful. Katie sputtered and said, “But… I don’t even know if I want kids.”

_MG_5683

This is one of my favorite photos from our gathering. My brother walked up and held my Mom still for five seconds so I could get a photo whether she liked it or not. I’m not sure what’s going on with the facial hair, but it’s better than the time he dyed his hair Cookie Monster blue. So I’ll take it!

_MG_5726

My Uncle recently became a grandfather for the first time. It was so neat to see him holding Morgan. She’s such a beautiful baby! Our family is growing by leaps and bounds. If we get much bigger, we might need to rent a venue for our Christmas parties.

5x7MorganBuddy

My grandfather is the best grandfather in the whole entire world. Here he is holding the most spoiled dog in the world! She’s so very rotten. Spoiled isn’t even the word for how she behaves. She gets away with murder.

IMG_5692

It’s not Christmas without hanging out with the new baby goats. There were at least six new babies and I caught one for my kids to pet. His name was Booger because of the one brown dot on his otherwise pink nose. He kept cuddling into me and it was really hard to resist taking him home with us. Jordan begged Ronnie, but he said no. Party pooper!

IMG_5712

My nephew Christian is the cutest little stinker! I kept asking him to let me take his photo, but he crossed his arms and said no. It all worked out because… Seriously? Let’s face it. This is adorable.

IMG_5762

Zachary is my other nephew. He followed my grandmother into the goat pen to feed the goats. They all follow her around like she’s the pied piper when she’s holding the food bucket.

IMG_5794

I adore this photo of my boys snuggling together on the couch. I really love that they wore matching clothes for my Christmas photos. And what’s that?! Ronnie’s smiling! It’s a Christmas miracle!!!

IMG_5804

After that, Brandon asked to hold baby Morgan but she was hungry and it didn’t go well. He didn’t panic when she started crying. He just talked to her calmly until her Momma picked her up.

IMG_5836

We read the story of Jesus’ birth from the Bible before we opened presents. Alexis sang Jingle Bell Rock in front of everyone and she did a really great job. She practiced for at least a month before we went down there and I was really proud of her.

IMG_5925

Brandon wanted to sing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer but he didn’t want to sing it by himself. The girls chipped in and they all got along for a record breaking two minutes. Another Christmas miracle!

IMG_5928

We all exchanged presents and Jordan got the Winter The Dolphin DS game that she’s been begging for ever since she saw the movie. I think she may have been a little excited. What do you think?

IMG_5959

We drove home in exceptionally thick fog. It was so bad that we drove way below the speed limit because we were worried about wrecking. I couldn’t resist snapping this photo of the fog on the Crescent City Connection bridge going toward New Orleans.

IMG_6000

I have a layout to share before I go. I did it yesterday because I wanted to finish one last page before the new year. I feel like I’ve been slacking because I haven’t had much time to scrap in the midst of all of the chaos.

No More Photos!

HL_NoMorePhotos!

Ronnie hates it when I take his photo. This is the face that I get year 'round when I take his picture. The only time he actually smiles is on Christmas. He always declares that it's my Christmas present. I usually tell him that one day I'll scrap the photos of the faces he makes when I try to take his photos, and now I have. So there!

I used my Scraptastic Club December 2012 kit and add on called Mocha Latte to make this page. I also used the December 2012 stamps that I designed exclusively for Scraptastic Club.

Thank You copy

12 comments:

Mitra Pratt said...

oh my goodness, that photo of the bridge is amazing! And love the scrappy page, it cracked me right up!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great collection of photos! Looks like you all had a great time. Love that layout, title and photo! All the best in 2013!:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!! And you lo is sooooooooooo fun! LOVING that photo! Happy New Year!!!

A said...

Awwww Brandon holding Morgan!!
Heather, may 2013 be the best year ever for you and your wonderful family!

Cindy Gay said...

Zachary's cute like Brandon! Happy New Year Heather & family!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Perhaps Jordan should have started by telling Cousin Katie is to pretty to ruin her looks by smoking. I'll never understand that habit. Around here thankfully the parents don't wait at the school bus with their kids because when they are at the bus stop they smoke. Shouldn't there be a law against that?

Sounds like you had a Merry Christmas. Hugs for B to feel better! Happy New Year.

Joy said...

WTG Jordan! I think it's so sweet that she was the smoking police. You got some really great photos over the holidays.
I love the misting and stamping you did on this layout. I also really like the little hearts you included. Fab masculine page. Happy New Year!

Paisley Petals said...

That layout is fantastic! I don't normally like monochrome layouts but this one is great! (Sorry if this has posted several times..)

Doreen Vasquez said...

Your daughter being the "smoker police" is hilarious!!! Good for her!!
Great assortment of pics!!!
And congrats on your "Christmas Miracles"!! LOL
Love your new layout!!!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love your photos...J is hilarious. serves those smokers right. lol....but seriously, that fog isn't too bad. I should take a photo here some time.

Cindy deRosier said...

Way to go, Jordan! I wish there were more smoking police around. Good for her.

So Ronnie hates having his picture taken? How does he feel about you taking it anyway, scrapbooking it, and posting the layout?! :)

Linda Jordan said...

Looks like a fun Christmas & love the layout!! I can definitely relate...I have only a few photos of Phillip a year, basically he'll only give in for special occasions like Christmas & birthdays. Oh well, at least it's something!

At least Ronnie gives you a face, Phillip just covers his haha.