Saturday, December 1, 2012

Giving Thanks

I finished editing my Thanksgiving photos a few days ago but I haven’t had time to sit down to blog them until now. Things are super busy here as usual! Can you believe that it’s already December?

I’m shooting my first wedding this weekend and I am super excited/nervous. I’m sure it’ll all turn out fine, but the preparation and worrying are making me crazy!

We went to my grandparents’ house for Thanksgiving and my grandpa pulled out his collection of HUGE knives to show the boys in the family. Remember the knife on the movie Crocodile Dundee? Yeah. That knife’s a baby compared to these. My brother asked him what he could cut with a knife like that. My grandfather responded, “Anything I want.” Ha!

_MG_3519

My grandma’s amazing garden was still in bloom and there were butterflies everywhere! The girls kept chasing them, but I managed to get a photo of one before they made it fly away.

_MG_3533

My girls and my nephew outside of the goat pen. The girls were dressed in coordinating outfits and they looked really cute. I was able to keep them out of the goat pen for most of the day so they didn’t get too dirty. I know… I’m a spoilsport!

_MG_3543

Oooh another butterfly! Maybe she can get close enough to touch it? Nope. Almost!

_MG_3552

Our yummy Thanksgiving dinner: Seafood stuffing, dirty rice, broccoli rice, yams, turkey, ham, green beans, green bean casserole, and lots of desserts. I contributed the yams and a pumpkin pie. The secret to great yams is orange zest and vanilla extract!

_MG_3586

We have a built in kids’ table. The stairs to the second story of the house don’t have closed risers, so the kids slip their feet through the holes and sit in a line down the stairs. The only problem is if someone needs to get up everyone has to move!

_MG_3594

After lunch, the kids went outside and ended up inside the goat pen. You can see all three of the boy grandbabies if you look closely. I should’ve known they’d all beg their way into the pen. We also rode all over the levee on the golf cart. Redneck fun at it’s finest!

_MG_3607

Jordan has been rather mouthy lately. I don’t know what she said to my brother, but he decided to rope her and walk her around until she started listening. We were all cracking up laughing. Jordan was laughing so hard she could barely stand.

_MG_3613

This is my Maw Maw in her garden. She’s the matriarch of our family. We all learned to be hard headed, outspoken, loving, tough women from her. She doesn’t like this photo, but I think she’s beautiful inside and out. I’m always so happy to be able to spend time with her.

Flo5x7

I’ll be back soon with more layouts and photos to share. I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend.

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!! that one of the kids on the stairs is sooooooooo cute!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

The kids on the steps is great!

A said...

Good luck with the wedding Heather, I am so excited for you :-))) You'll do fine, I know :-)))

Cindy deRosier said...

The "kids' table" totally cracks me up. That is a must-scrap photo.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

beautiful photos, love the kids table. good luck with the wedding.

Tamika said...

Love the photos!

Izzy Anderson said...

LOL at the "kids' table"! Great photos. That butterfly one is amazing.

Mindy said...

i love these photos!! especially that last one.

Fi said...

Lovely pics, I had to laugh about the knife I could just imagine there faces when they got to see them. Good luck with the shoot as well.