Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas To You!

It's Christmas Eve and I can't believe it! While you're still wondering where the year has gone, let me wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderfully prosperous New Year. I'm sure next year will be even better than this year. After all, we survived the Mayan apocalypse!

I have two projects to share today. Most of my friends got photo cards from me this year, but some of my scrappy friends got handmade cards too. I made three nearly identical cards with a fun stamp that a friend gave me for Christmas last year. The sentiment says "Be good for goodness sake!" I used the sold out Scraptastic Club Daily December Stocking Stuffer kit to make these cards.

In keeping with the journaling theme this month, I also made this page about my kids and their cousin playing in the fountains on a Summer day. To tell you the truth, I grabbed Summer photos because it's been so chilly here lately. I do NOT like Winter.

My journaling tip for this page is to use descriptive words in your journaling. I could've said, "We went to the fountains with your cousin and we had a great day". Instead, I chose to use descriptive words that almost make you feel the breeze and sunshine. It makes a big difference! My supplies came from the December 2012 All Of The Lights kit, add on, and stamp add on.

I'm wishing you all the warmest, most blessed Christmas ever. Don’t forget the true reason for the season!

Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee your adorable cards!!! And love love love love your lo!!! Great photos and colors!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

PS -- Merry Christmas!!!

Michelle said...

Now to survive the crazy tax hikes that are coming.. Ha. From the article in the paper yesterday, it is not looking good for Greg and I. We are figuring almost one whole pay check worth of income from his part time job will be lost to the tax hikes..

Thank you for the card. :)

Cindy Gay said...

Love the cards. Merry Christmas Heather. Give the kids an extra hug from me! We'll have our oldest home Wednesday. Chris will be here tonight! Michelle on Friday!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the lovely card. I love your projects.

Tracey Sabella said...

What a gorgeous LO with the fun touch of background stamping and splatter!! Sweet cards, too!! Thanks for the Christmas wishes. I hope you and your family had a blessed, sweet Christmas!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE your layout!! It's paper?! It totally looks digital. Either way, I love it!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Your cards are soooo stunning! Love the simple and striking design and the colours! Awesome layout too! Totally fab!!! :D

Izzy Anderson said...

Totally love your layout. Great design and sweet pics. Your cards are wonderful. That's a great idea to make similar cards. Most of my friends and family got photo cards too!! Wishing you a wonderful new year, Heather.