Saturday, December 8, 2012

Merry Little Elf

This month's theme at Scraptastic Club is journaling and as you all know, I do a LOT of journaling. In fact, on this page I had so much to say that I had to flip it over and journal all over the back of the design. I knew that it wouldn't fit on the front of the layout because I always use a pencil to lightly write my journaling in the space that I have available. If it doesn't fit, I know to look for another solution. My journaling didn't fit on the library card at all!

HL_MerryLittleElfWEB

I've typed the journaling here so you can read it: Brandon, You are always such a happy little man. I can't remember when you started sticking your tongue out at me when you smiled, but I remember you doing it for the longest time. When I took you outside to take Christmas portraits, you were all smiles and sparkly eyes. You are definitely a merry little elf!

I used the Scraptastic Club December Daily kit (SOLD OUT) to create this project. The snowflakes were cut on my Cricut and I chalked the edges with teal chalk to add detail and carry the blue accents through the design. I also added Stickles when I decided that the snowflakes needed a little more sparkle.

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Ange said...

I love this layout! You did such a great job, love the layers and the photo is adorable!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! That is just the sweetest pic!!!! He is ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors and loveeeeeeee all the snowflakes!!!

Lilith Eeckels said...

Such an amazing layout!

Linda Jordan said...

Very cute! That's a smart way to figure out if your journaling will fit. I'm always too lazy to do that, I just start writing and try to edit what I write to get it to fit, sometimes I end up having to cut it down a lot or sometimes I have to add a little, but it usually ends up working. Do you ever do layouts with pull out journaling cards? Then you can fit a lot more, but they're harder to store in page protectors.

Linda

Debbie P said...

Awww, so adorable! Love that photo! I love your layering of patterns to the right side of the layout! Absolutely gorgeous!

Cindy Gay said...

This is so sweet!

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable! Great idea to do your journaling on the back instead of cutting back on what you wanted to say.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love this. so totally cute.

Fi said...

I just purchased that background paper you've used, gorgeous page very inspirational