Saturday, December 22, 2012

Musical Madness

I had the privilege of attending not one, but TWO Christmas performances last week. Sometimes it feels like I spend more time at our local elementary school than I do at home. I always love going to watch the kids sing. I was lucky enough to have a friend save me a front row seat since I was running later than normal. I got there 20 minutes before everything started and the place was already packed!

I didn’t know ahead of time, but Brandon was chosen to lead the pledge of allegiance at the beginning of the performance. He got up there and did a great job. Except for the wrong hand thing… Silly boy! I was so proud of him.

IMG_5268

They sang “Every Little Wish” and “Listen To The Jingle”. Brandon is in the front row in this photo. He’s the third from the right. He did such a good job paying attention on when to stop the bells from ringing. I thought they were crazy for giving a bunch of five year olds bells, but they rocked it out!

IMG_5303

I walked back to his class with him after the show was over. He asked me to take a photo of him with his teacher and I was happy to oblige. He loves her to bits and I’m pretty sure she feels the same way!

IMG_5346

Later on that night we ended up back at the school again! Jordan had a choir performance at the PTA meeting. They sang “Eight Tiny Reindeer”, “Christmas Jubilation”, “Here We Come A Caroling”, “Deck The Halls”, and “Christmas Wishes”.

IMG_5382

She was all dressed up in  her Scotland dress with her pretty little black patent heels. She felt gown up and she kept posing sassily. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to use her chair to sit in during the performance, but she ended up resting in it for part of the set.

IMG_5391

Here she is after the performance with her friend Izzy. They posed in front of a tiny piece of the set and it made for a rather cute photo.

IMG_5417

Jordan also had a Christmas show on Wednesday, but I wasn’t able to attend because I was at Children’s Hospital with Brandon for his surgery. Ronnie took the day off to go see her sing, and I made him bring the camera. He got some pretty cute shots!

IMG_5418

Miss Jordan isn’t allowed to sit on the floor due to the strain on her hips so she gets to sit in a chair while everyone else sits on the floor. I love this photo of her grinning back at Ronnie. The picture below is unbelievable to me. They all just look so grown up. My baby is a third grader!

IMG_5425

After the show she cheesed it up with another one of her friends. Ronnie is a good Daddy, and he took all of the photos that she wanted. I’m pretty proud that she chose to wear the hat I crocheted for her last year.

IMG_5428

I was really sorry to miss her performance, but though photos and videos it’s almost like I was there. Gotta love technology!

In other news, today is Lori Whitlock’s birthday and I made this card to tell her Happy Birthday! I’ll be loading it on Facebook so I can tag her. I hope she likes it.

22HappyBday5x7LWSpringCelebWEB

Supplies: Lori Whitlock’s Happy Day Collection and Spring Celebration Elements.

Thank You copy

7 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Great pics! Two performances and a surgery (and, I'm sure, a million other things). Boy, never a quiet week in the Landry household!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great photos and so glad their shows went well! Hoping the surgery did too! I loveeeeeeeee the card!! That owl is ADORABLE!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Great job Heather, Ronnie & kids! Loving Jordan's dress!

Micupoftea~ said...

Oh what fun- children's Christmas programs! Hope the surgery went well. Joy in the New Year :)

Debbie P said...

Heather, I am amazed at the color of your photos from the school performances. Mine are always yellow from the horrible lights. I hope your son's surgery went good. Happy Holidays to you and your little family!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

looks like quite the adventure. love jordan's dress, she is so cute with her friends. brandon is ever so stinkin' cute, as is your birthday card. but where is miss A?

Tracey Sabella said...

Such an adorable card!! Looks like a wonderful evening with your children! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/