Sunday, December 9, 2012

Playing Catch Up: Maritime Museum

Jordan’s class took a field trip to the Maritime Museum in Madisonville, La. on November 28th. I just finished editing the photos because I shot a wedding last Saturday, and I’ve been so busy editing everyone else’s photos that I haven’t had time to do mine!

Of course, I chaperoned the field trip. I love going on field trips with my kids because it’s really fun to spend time with them while learning new things. The kids were standing on a HUGE anchor in the photo below. It was easily four feet taller than I am. It’s hard to imagine a boat that needs that big of an anchor.

5x7Buras'ClassMaritime0017

We were guided through the museum by several tour guides. The guides were informative, polite, and very organized. I love field trips like that! The kids were particularly interested in the swamp exhibit in the museum. Especially the alligator. Shudder!

Maritime0011

My favorite part had to be the boat models. I can’t imagine the amount of time and love that went into making these. There were little tiny duck decoys and even a mesh bag in this boat.

Maritime0013

The kids also loved the big boat bell in the front of the museum. It had a rope to pull so you could ring the bell, and it let out the loudest ringing peal. Jordan was thrilled! The teachers and I thought it was neat for a while, but after you hear the same CLANG sixty times… It gets old!

Maritime0019

Here’s another beautifully detailed boat. I’d love to go back to the museum alone when I have more time to browse and pay attention. It’s hard to take everything in when you have ten kids to chase.

Maritime0009

I would highly recommend visiting this museum. The tour guides were fantastic and it was a great trip.

Thank You copy

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun! I love the photos!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Fun! I love field trips. It must have been Wear Red Day. That'll come in handy when it's time to scrap the pics- everyone is so nicely color-coordinated. :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

great photos. looks like a fun field trip.

Doreen Vasquez said...

That alligator pic freaked me out! LOL! ANd I could totally imagine you and the teachers starting to go crazy w/ the bell ringing!!!
I like thos little boats too!!! Must be the creative side of us.