Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Santa Baby

Last Friday I got to chaperone Brandon’s field trip to the local high school for a Christmas play. The play was really nice except for the sounds of 200 wiggly Kindergarteners in really squeaky seats. We went to the Boguefalaya park after the play for lunch and the kids went crazy crawling all over everything.

_MG_4439

Brandon climbed on top of a wooden car and I snapped a quick photo before he climbed down. When I say they were running around like crazy, I meant it. The teachers blocked off the entrances to the playground and just let them play.

_MG_44962

Brandon was really bummed when they had to leave. He wanted to go home with me, but you can’t check your kids out from a field trip and it was already two in the afternoon. This photo of him walking away with his head down breaks my heart.

_MG_4534

We made it up to him on Friday night by taking everyone out to meet Santa. The Mandeville trailhead is decorated for Christmas every year and we’ve gone to meet Santa there since it started. I loved this snowman Christmas tree. It was the prettiest tree in the whole park.

_MG_4539

I take the same photo of the kids in the sleigh every single year. Jordan is in a new phase where every time I ask her to smile I get this surprised face instead. Crazy kiddo!

IMG_4562

They had a carousel this year and the girls begged to ride it. Alexis chose a giraffe and she grinned at me every time it came around again. Ronnie stood between Jordan and Brandon because there were no seatbelts on the carousel.  Gotta love that he’s as paranoid as I am. We’re a perfect match!

IMG_4599

I had makeup on so I let Ronnie take a photo of me with the kids. I need to remember to do that more often. You can see a peek of my new bright yellow purse. I have the Winter blahs with the lack of sunshine lately. So I bought a purse that would let me bring my own sunshine.

IMG_46051111

My favorite family Christmas tradition is our photo with Santa. It was the only family photo we would take every year for the longest time. Now that I have my tripod that’s no longer the case, but it’s still my favorite tradition.

Koop2012Santa

I didn’t ask Santa for anything. I think I have everything a girl could ask for right now.

Thank You copy

10 comments:

Linda Jordan said...

This all looks like tons of fun! I love your last sentence, that's so sweet :) And Jordan's face in the santa photo is cracking me up, so cute!!

Linda

Cindy Gay said...

Don't you look pretty Heather! Great family photo (though not the best face on Santa!). Love the boots!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos!! The one with the family and Santa is JUST PRECIOUS!!!! LOVE IT!!

Mitra Pratt said...

Adorable photos and lovely post! I really LOVE that yellow purse too! And Santa tree! Rock on! It's nice to have new stuff!!!

Laurie! said...

You look awesome!! Love the purse!

A said...

Heather, I love your makeup!
And I have to say Brandon always looks so "zen" in photos :-) So calm.

Sharon Fritchey said...

Awwwww Heather! You look MAHVELOUS in your family photo with Santa!!! And so does your entire family. I love all of the rest of them, too. Thanks for sharing your life with us!!!!! It warms my heart that you didn't ask for anything from Santa because you have all you want right now!!!!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Looks like a good time! I too love that Snowman tree...very cool and festive! And good for you for getting in the pic! As mothers, and scrappers, we need to do that more often!

Cindy deRosier said...

So fun! I love that you keep the kids so active and that you're always doing fun things with them.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

tons of darling photos...so impressed with the one of you! you are looking good, babe! remind me to tell you about children and field trips...i have theories...which I am sure doesn't surprise you. lol