Friday, December 21, 2012

The Sampler December Challenges

I made a sketch for the December challenges over at The Sampler Kit Club this month. (I’ve also created a matching digital freebie. If you want it, scroll down!) I hope this sketch inspires you. If it does, don’t forget to link your creation on their blog! You’ll be entered to win a sampling of products from The Sampler.

HL_Sampler_Dec2012_CardSketchPrv

I used the sketch as inspiration for the card below. I loved the red glittery ribbon in the December Good Tidings kit. I used it as a scarf on my very chilly embossed snowman.

HappyHolidaysHeatherLandryWEB

I don’t have a digital card to share this week, but keep reading for the template download.

Holly created an amazing sketch for The Sampler’s layout challenge. I’m sharing what she made here, but please link any pages that you make with it on The Sampler’s blog.

77067_10200269635162822_2064808123_n

This is my take on Holly’s sketch. Again, I used the December 2012 kit called Good Tidings from The Sampler kit club to create this page.

HL_KindergartenChristmasWEB

Brandon had an absolute blast performing in the Christmas program last year with all of his kindergarten friends. I snapped this group photo for his teacher after the program. It's easy to find Brandon in this photo because as always, he's the tallest kid. LOL

If you’d like to download the free layered card template that I made in PSE, please click here.

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

The snowman is DARLING! The embossing is such a fun touch. And so are the flower/snowflake sequins.

Izzy Anderson said...

I so love love love the color combo on your card. The embossing is perfect. Beautiful work on this.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so super cute. love both the card and the layout.

Arti said...

I love that red ribbon. It adds an all exquisite touch to the chilly snowman of the season.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!! I am IN LOVE with that snowman on your card!!! FABULOUS!!!!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Love these projects so much!!!!! Your snowman is totally awesome - I love how you embossed him! And your layout almost brought tears to my eyes. So heartwarming. I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy new Year, my dear friend! Thanks for all of your support this past year!!!!!!!

S said...

Fab card, but I really love with you did the scrap sketch. Nicely done.

Monique Liedtke said...

What a super sweet card!! and your take on Holly's sketch is awesome!! Go you!!

Tracey Sabella said...

What a gorgeous card and sweet LO!! Love how you embossed and inked the circles to create your snowman!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/