Wednesday, January 9, 2013

At Four Months (Scraptastic Club)

We had to scraplift a layout from the Scraptastic Club gallery for our blog theme this month, and it was exceptionally hard for me to choose a layout to lift. We have some fantastically talented ladies on the forum. I ended up choosing this amazing page that Madeline created. I have Disney on the brain due to planning for a future trip, and I just kept coming back to her perfect Pluto project again and again.

Madeline

This is what I created. You can see that I was inspired by the basic layers on her page, her use of the bracket shape at the top, the journaling placement, and the banners. I used the wonderful Scraptastic Club Days Of Our Lives kit and add on to make this project. I have always loved this photo that I took of Brandon when he was four months old. He is such an expressive child and he would make this surprised face every time I used the flash on my camera. It was so stinkin' cute!

AtFourMonthsHeatherLandryWEB

If you're looking for inspiration, I highly recommend the gallery at Scraptastic Club! There are some really fantastic layouts that will totally inspire your creative designs.

Thank You copy

10 comments:

Sara Zenger said...

adorable work heather! I love the vintage paper banner!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

How gorgeous! I love the Disney themed first layout - so much fun! And the second is totally super cute!!! Great striking layout! :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors, that photo and the banners!!!! Beautiful!!!

Debbie P said...

Awesome job Heather! What a great layout to scraplift! You did it justice. Love your layout. That is so funny that he made that face for photos! Great memory!

Cindy deRosier said...

Great lift of an awesome LO! You can see the inspiration, but you've definitely made it your own.

Doreen Vasquez said...

You did an awesome job with the lift!
Love that you created the banner on a "smaller-scale".

BTW - once I get past the new year, I'm thinking of joining a Scrap Kit club again...it's been a while...
Scraptastic is up there as one of my top considerations ;)

Sharon Fritchey said...

Fun and fabulous layouts, Heather! I love the first one - Pluto is one of our favorites! and the second one is just adorable!!!!!

Mitra Pratt said...

Rockstar Scraplift Heather! Are the challenges still up? I went looking for them the other day and got distracted!

Fi said...

WOW you've done such an awesome job on both of these, lovely work.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

this is so super cute. i love your lift.