Saturday, January 26, 2013

Be Still My Heart

I have two layouts to share with you today! I was really inspired by the fabulous January 2013 Scraptastic Club Chasing Pavements kit and add on. Jessica really knows how to assemble a fabulous scrapbook kit. Lime green and navy blue are two of my favorite colors right now, and when you add in gray... Be still my heart!

1: A Day In My Life


Oh how I miss the days when my little man was tiny. Way back before preschool and Kindergarten! Every morning we'd eat breakfast and go outside to play. I did the journaling from Brandon's point of view. The splattered mist was intended to add a little dirt and grunge to my layout. After all, what's a boy page without some mess? This project was inspired by a sketch from Jenny Evans.

2: This Way To Adventure


This kit really just screamed little boy to me. I had so many older photos that matched the colors. It was good to get some of our older stories on a page.

Brandon really loved going to the playground with me when he was little. We would spend hours at the park as evidenced by his very red, sweaty face in these photos. Gotta love living in Louisiana! Every time we went to the park, he'd end up beet red but really happy. (He was not sunburnt, just flushed from the heat.)

I used cream colored mist on the arrows and the white die cut that came in the kit. I tucked hexagons and circles into the design and layered buttons on top. I ran a few lines of stitching on the page as well to finish everything off.

Thank You copy

12 comments:

Mitra Pratt said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these pages Heather! The hexagons are so lovely...Sweaty faces are so adorable!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!! I am loving those color combos!!!!

orange gearle said...

I always love your layouts! Love all these layers.

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous pages!! You totally rocked this color combination!! What great photos, too! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Doreen Vasquez said...

Great color combo, and you're right...they are perfect for boy pages!

Debbie P said...

I love both of these layouts! The photos are too stinkin' cute! Love the products choices and colors! Perfect for little boy pages! Fabulous job Heather!

S said...

Great use of those patterns and colors. Great pics too!

Joy said...

Awesome colour combos! Excellent layouts as usual Heather :)

Cindy Gay said...

You can feel the warmth in the layouts and photos!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love seeing the pics of baby Brandon! He was so adorable (still is, of course, but you know what I mean). Great LOs.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

these are both so cute. i love both the pages. the colors are gorgeous.

Tamika said...

Such cute layouts of Brandon lately! I love the colors in the pavements kit! Is the kit named after Adele's song? he-he