Friday, January 4, 2013

Fun Friday!

I’m still editing my New Year’s photos four days after the fact. I’ll share them soon, but for now I have two digital pages to inspire you. Friday is the new reveal day at JessicaSprague.com. They no longer have a creative team for the site, but I’ve joined the private creative teams of two of the wonderful designers there.

I’m designing for Dani Mogstad, and she released a beautiful kit called Time Flies. The soft colors and elegant embellishments work so well with the New Year’s theme. The sparkly pom pom embellishments are totally fun too. The best part is that you can buy the kit for $1.99 because it’s the featured kit this January.

HappyNoonYearHeatherLaPSFTypeAsTexturendryWEB

This year one of my goals is to tell more of a story on my pages. Sometimes I get busy and my only journaling includes who, what, and where. It’s informative, but it leaves out so much of the real story behind our lives. When you’re journaling, don’t forget to include small bits and pieces of the story that you’ll likely forget later.

On the layout below I journaled about our tradition of celebrating the new year at noon instead of midnight. My kids are still relatively little so it’s hard for them to stay awake all the way until midnight. We call it Noon Year’s Eve and we usually celebrate by taking the kids out to eat.

I’m also designing for Lori Whitlock, and her release is called Kiss Me. (I can’t be the only one singing that song in my head right now. Right?) It’s full of sweet and whimsical elements that will help you tell any love story, and you can purchase it for 25% off this weekend.

PawPaw'sLoveHeatherLandryWEBPSFCuttingTextShapes

I chose to use the kit to scrap about my Uncle’s love for his brand new granddaughter. It was so sweet to see them hanging out together at Christmas. You could really see how much he loves her.

Thank You copy

8 comments:

Ange said...

Awesome layouts! Love the colors and stories behind each of them. I really love the sparkle on Noon Year and the hearts on Paw Paw's Love.

Linda Jordan said...

I'm still editing Christmas photos, so I'm waaay behind. Love your layouts & the noon day's eve is such a cute story!!

Linda

Michele said...

So I am in love with your blog design and these layouts are precious!! (did you create your own blog design?? I see it's from on the digi kits. Just love it. ) I see why these lucky Gals have you designing for them! Just awesome!! Happy New Year to you!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

These are so lovely! Love the journalling on Happy Noon Year! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

We used to do a 9:00 pm "New York New Year's" since we're on the west coast. We'd watch the ball drop live online (instead of tape delayed on TV). It was a lot of fun and meant that we did stay up a little but not crazy late. A "Noon Year's" sounds fun too!

Cindy Gay said...

Great New Year's layout and journaling.

Debbie P said...

Wow, both of these layouts are amazing Heather! I especially love the New Years layout and how you created your journaling! Excellent job!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

these are both so cute. i love everything about them