Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Inquiring Minds

Jordan has always been a very curious child. “Why, Momma?” “How do they do that?” “What does this mean?” Thankfully, my grandma is really good at buying her Christmas presents that engage her and keep her curiosity sparked. 

_MG_6922

Yesterday, we pulled the microscope set that she bought Jordan a few Christmases ago down so she could play with it. Jordan wanted to look at her own hair, water from our ditch, and blood. She asked everyone if she could have some blood, but they all turned her down.

_MG_6907

Then she turned her big brown eyes on me and begged. I couldn’t say no. After all, she “needs it so she can get ready to be a doctor”. I poked my finger and dropped a bit of blood on a slide. She was completely fascinated. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she turns out to be a doctor. She’s been declaring that she’s going to be a pediatrician since she could talk.

Thank You copy

8 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

What a good Momma you are!

Linda Jordan said...

Awww, that's sweet you did that for her! When I was a kid I had a microscope too & my mom bought these cases that came with slides in them & they had all sorts of things, like animal cells/blood, plants, etc. You should look into getting her some slides!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That's awesome!! And what a great mama you are!!!

Debbie P said...

Such a fabulous story! Now I want to see it on a layout! What a cutie!

Mitra Pratt said...

oh man, you do rock!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

you are awesome! and jordan is a cutie.

sarah said...

what a great gift! :) can't wait to see layouts with those pics.

hugs,
sarah.

Tamika said...

Memory flood. When I was 9 I got a microscope kit. My mom also go me the kids pyrography set it was one of the coolest Christmas' ever.