Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It’s Really Too Early For All Of This!

We finished our Christmas fun by opening presents at home on Christmas morning. Brandon got a Donkey Kong Wii game from Santa because Santa figured that it was close enough to a Mario game that Brandon might like it. Brandon didn’t really ask for much so Santa had a hard time shopping.

IMG_6014

Jordan asked Santa for a karaoke machine and Santa found her one with disco lights. She was a very, very happy girl. My in-laws bought her the latest Taylor Swift CD and I’ve heard “We Are Never Getting Back Together” at least thirty seven billion times. It’s a good thing she’s really cute.

IMG_6024

Alexis wanted nothing but clothes and shoes this year. She wanted it all from a specific store too. Justice! Everything had to be neon and sparkly. Trust me, I’ll never lose her in a crowded place! I think it’s really fun that she’s developing a sense of style.

IMG_6085

That was our Christmas… insanely busy, full of loving family, and absolutely fun! You know, the usual around here.

Today is January 1st and you know what that means! Time for resolutions, hangovers, and regret? Nope. Time for the Scraptastic Club January 2013 reveal! (You can do all of that other stuff later if you want.)

Chasing Pavements Kit

Chasing_Pavements_Full_Small12.22.12_grande

Chasing Pavements Add On

Chasing_Pavements_Add-On_Small12.22.12_grande

Days Of Our Lives Kit

Days_of_Our_Lives_Almost_Full_Small12.22.12_grande

Days Of Our Lives Add On

Days_of_Our_Lives_Add-On_12.31.12_grande

Exclusive January 2013 stamps designed by Heather Landry. (Me?! By the way, I’m still pinching myself over that.)

Jan_2013_grande

I hope you all have a very happy New Year filled with blessings and good things. I’m planning a very positive New Year with only one resolution.

My resolution is to not curse as much. It’s really not my #$%* fault. I learned from the best. Most of my family members growing up cursed like sailors, and they still do. The issue with that… I don’t want my kids cussing. There was a bit of an incident at Christmas dinner at my in-law’s house where Jordan cursed really loudly. Sure, it was completely inappropriately hilarious. She’s never done anything like that before. The more I thought about it, I got really bothered because she’s learning it from us. I don’t want to contribute to that. Wish me luck! I’m going to need it.

Thank You copy

8 comments:

Paisley Petals said...

Great stamps!

Buffy Esser said...

what a great reveal! Oh and good luck....I can tell you now it doesn't work I thought mine learned it from home but it turns out it was friends from school...I even learned some new slang lol its really not funny but sometimes you just have to laugh...btw these were all really good kids but they just had really bad mouths!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Oh wow! Congrats on your stamps and
good luck on your resolution!!
Perhaps you should try a "curse jar": put a dollar in it for every time you say a curse word...

On another note, I read your comment on my "Last Christmas" post. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved fur baby. :0(

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Try saying "God Bless America" ... always worked for me :)

I loveeeeeeeeee the photos ... so cute!!! Happy New Year!!

Mitra Pratt said...

My first word as a baby they thought was SHOE until they figured out it was not shoe, but sh*! Oooopsie! It's been down hill from there, lol! But seriously, I do wish you luck. I think it's easier to lose weight than stop swearing myself....

Love all your cool kid posts, they remind of younger times!

Debbie P said...

Great stamps Heather! Fun post today. Laughed about the cussing and the Taylor karaoke! Too cute!

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE your stamps! It's so awesome that you're a stamp designer now. I'd be pinching myself too!

Funny, just like I'd never heard your accent before that hurricane video you posted, I've obviously never heard you swear, so it never occurred to me that you'd be a swearer. Good luck breaking that bad habit.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute stamps.

you do need to stop swearing...i am picking it up from you. lol