Saturday, January 5, 2013

Let’s Party!

The girls and I went over to my friend’s house for New Year’s Eve. Ronnie and Brandon stayed home because Brandon wasn’t quite recovered from his surgery. He also had an unspecified virus that landed us at Children’s Hospital in New Orleans a few days before. They spent the night playing video games and having guy time.

5x7 Girls

The girls and I had a wonderful time at Danielle’s house. They even had a photo backdrop set up for pictures. I snapped this photo of the girls. They were dressed in so many sequins and sparkles that they brought their own light to the party.

5x7 Sisters

It’s not a party without something good to drink. Before you judge me… I drank sparkling grape juice. Nothing like clowning around with friends, we didn’t need to drink the hard stuff to have a fabulous time.

5x7 What

The kids got their own sparkling grape juice as well. They were so excited to have “big kid cups”.

IMG_6363

Watching them toast one another was really fun. Zack wanted to know why he had to clink the glasses together.

IMG_6366

I got a few good shots of the fireworks that Darrin lit. This is the first year that I had a good enough camera/lens to actually capture the photos.

IMG_6374

We had to leave Danielle’s around ten to come home because Brandon wasn’t feeling well. I gave him more Tylenol and Motrin and cuddled with him until he went to sleep.

After he crashed, I went back outside a few minutes before midnight to get a few more photos. If you look really closely at the photo below, it looks like birds are flying out from the center of the explosion. Wicked!

IMG_6447

I loved the red smoke in the center of this one. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tried to catch decent fireworks photos in the past few years. These make me happy!

IMG_6529

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year. When all was said and done, we managed to have a pretty good time in spite of all of the sickness and surgeries. Here’s hoping that next year is even better than this year!

Thank You copy

8 comments:

Sharon Fritchey said...

Love these party photos, Heather!!! Your family is so awesome and you captured it beautifully! And I really like your fireworks photos. I struggle with these and want to get a tripod this year!!!!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!! So fun!!! And I am especially loving the one of you with the two glasses! Tooooooo cute!!!

Mitra Pratt said...

I spent New Years Eve on the couch reading blogs while small people played on their pc and the hubby was upstairs in bed due to being sick. Sometimes a quiet one is necessary! Sounds like sparkling grape juice was a huge hit. We like that too!

Cindy deRosier said...

Sounds like such a fun evening! Your fireworks pics are so cool - I love the red smoke too!

Debbie P said...

What fun photos! Wow, the firework photos are amazing!

Linda Jordan said...

Gorgeous photos!! Seeing fireworks is one of the times I'm most upset by my lack of a good camera. These came out amazing :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love your photos! looks like yall had a great time.

Fi said...

Hayppy New Year to you and your family these photos are gorgeous thanks for sharing.