Monday, January 21, 2013

The Sampler’s January 2013 Card Challenge

I made a sketch for the January challenges over at The Sampler Kit Club this month. (I’ve also created a matching digital card freebie. If you want it, scroll down to download!) I hope this sketch inspires you. If it does, don’t forget to link your creation on their blog! You’ll be entered to win a sampling of products from The Sampler.

HL_Jan2013SamplerCardSketch

I used the sketch as inspiration for the card below. I loved the vellum hearts in the January 2013 Live Life Kit. I added them as accents on this whimsical card with masculine colors.

EnjoyLifeWEBSampler

I used the free template file to make a digital card front to print. The gorgeous papers that I chose are from Lori Whitlock’s Fresh Air collection, and I also stamped a flourish with the amazing flourish brushes.

11LifeIsSweeterCardWEB

I have a few example cards from my lovely design team members as well. I was really thrilled when they agreed to participate!

Ali K. Two

Thinking Of You: by Ali Krogsgaard

Ali K.

Sisters: by Ali Krogsgaard

Lesley Walker

You’re A Delight: by Lesley Walker

Lesley had this to say about her card: “I've embossed the background using a Cuttlebug folder, then cut the flower edged circle using a Sissix die and my Big Shot.  Have had my first attempt at blending with Copic markers, I love them but will be more happy with a little bit more experience behind me.  Sentiment is a Close to the Heart stamp.”

Marlene

Happy Birthday: by Marlene Murphy

Thank you all so much for the inspiration ladies! I’m really lucky to have you on my team and I appreciate each of you so much.

If you’d like to download the free layered card template that I made in PSE, please click on the link above.

Thank You copy

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love your card!! LOVING the colors, the splatters and loving the bike!!!

Joy said...

LOVE the design and your card rocks!
I am always amazed at how projects created starting with the same inspiration look so different. Lots of great eye candy!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable!

Mitra Pratt said...

Dudettes! Good job on the cards! And great card yourself, Heather! I saw your mound of laundry on facebook and felt for you...had a mound myself. We need WIVES I tell ya!