Sunday, February 24, 2013

An Epic Adventure: Disney 2013 Day Two At Magic Kingdom

We started day two of our adventure on February 12, 2013 at ‘Ohana in the Polynesian Resort. I adored the group photo that they took of our family. I especially love how the girls are posing. Hello sassiness! These two definitely got the message that they were princesses on this trip. All of the cast members called them princess when they talked to them. They ate it up!

5x7 Ohana

We met Lilo first and Jordan loved talking to her. She had the biggest grin on her face. All you can see are dimples! Alexis is really getting a little old for the whole character thing, but she goes along because she knows I’ll throw a fit if she doesn’t. (I told her if she wants to ride the big rides, she needs to be patient while the little kids do their thing.)

_MG_8025

When Lilo tried to talk to Brandon, he magically disappeared! He sank down in his chair so low that we couldn’t even see him. Lilo kept poking him and making questioning gestures with her hands, but he didn’t reappear until she left the table. I was a bit worried that it didn’t bode well for future character greetings. Uh oh!

_MG_8020

I took this photo in the Polynesian on the way out of ‘Ohana when we were heading to the monorail. It was so much easier to transport Jordan’s wheelchair on the monorail. Way better than getting her off and on of the buses!

IMG_8070

Even though the girls had been to Disney World twice, they had only ever met two princesses. (Cinderella and Ariel.) One of the major objectives this year was to meet some princesses.

We were able to meet Aurora and Prince Phillip. Brandon didn’t want to talk to them at first, but I told him if he did it would be the best Valentine I’d ever gotten. He was sweet enough to go along with it!

5x7 Aurora

They also got to meet Cinderella again. Prince Charming was really sweet to Brandon. He asked him if he took care of his princesses at home, and Brandon said “Of course!” It just made my heart melt! They passed out Valentine cards instead of signing autographs because it was so near to Valentine’s day. You can bet those will end up in the scrapbook!

5x7 Cinderella

Jordan LOVES Rapunzel. She is her current favorite. Rapunzel took her hand and Jordan didn’t let go until it was time for us to leave. I have to say that Rapunzel was my favorite too. She was so cheerful and just had a fabulous personality. Jordan also impressed Flynn Rider because she knew his real name. (Eugene Fitzherbert)

5x7 Rapunzel

I tried to get a good picture of the front of the castle, but there was a HUGE crane in the background because of the Fantasyland construction. If at first you don’t succeed, walk around and look for another angle! I actually like this shot better than the head on shot because it looks like we were the only people there. Definitely not the case!

5x7Castle

I didn’t take the photo below, Ronnie did. I ride the carousel every time we go, so I handed my camera to Ronnie. He managed to capture this look of sheer joy on Brandon’s face. I love it so much!!!

IMG_8105

We couldn’t miss Ronnie’s Dad’s favorite ride, so we went on It’s A Small World. Jordan was so cute. She pointed out all of the different countries, then told us at the end that everyone was wearing the same color because they were all equal. She went on this whole lecture about friendship too.

IMG_8129

Me and my girls. I passed the camera to Ronnie for this picture too. It’s hard to get good photos of us together because we all wear glasses. Someone out of the three of us is bound to have glare. (Sometimes more than one!)

IMG_8133

The girls and I really wanted to see the parts of the new Fantasyland that were open. This is Ariel’s castle, and you enter through it to go on the new Little Mermaid ride. As always, Disney’s attention to small details is just stunning.

IMG_8153

I took a lot of pictures on this ride, but Ursula is my favorite villain so I just had to share this one.

IMG_8177

We had a huge group, so we had to separate into different clamshells. Alexis rode with my Mother and Father in law, Brandon rode with me, Ronnie rode with Jordan, and Steph and Brian rode together. Like I said… a BIG group.

IMG_8166

Later in the day, I let Brandon drive me around on the Tomorrowland Speedway. He was thrilled! At first he tried to steer the car so it didn’t hit the rails. After the first five minutes, he decided that it was a lot more fun to ram into the rail so the car would slam from side to side. He thought it was hilariously funny. My neck and lower back weren’t as amused as he was, but hey… What can you do? It’s Disney World!

IMG_8186

We stopped at the end of the ride, just short of hitting Ronnie and Jordan ahead of us like we were instructed. Right after we stopped, WHAM! Alexis and Ronnie’s Dad ran right into the back of us. I turned my camera around and caught this shot. They think they are SO funny!

IMG_8197

The Buzz Lightyear ride is a big tradition for us. We’ve gone on it during every trip since it opened. Ronnie and Jordan were head of us and Ronnie let Jordan win because she was getting upset.

IMG_8205

Alexis was in my vehicle. I managed to kick her butt while taking photo breaks. I rock at the Buzz Lightyear ride!

IMG_8206

Ronnie’s Dad was the overall winner though. He wins every single time and it aggravated my mother-in-law to no end. She tried really hard to beat him this time but it just didn’t happen!

IMG_8211

We had lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern and when we were finished, we walked out to see one of the parades. We caught three parades in one day due to good timing.

IMG_8265

None of my kids had ever been on the Jungle Cruise, so we did that too! The jokes are so bad that they’re funny. Brandon looks a little worried about the giant alligators. Steph promised to keep him safe.

IMG_8289

We stayed in the Magic Kingdom until six in the evening when everyone started lining up for the electric parade. We wanted to watch the fireworks from the hotel because having two kids with sensory issues can be rough in Disney. The last time we tried to watch the fireworks in the park, I ended up rocking two screaming kids on my lap for an hour because we couldn’t leave. It was definitely not an experience I’m willing to repeat. I took this photo on our way out because they had finally removed the crane!

IMG_8342

We grabbed a quick dinner at Captain Cook’s in the Polynesian Resort and watched the fireworks with my in-laws on our balcony. It really was the perfect way to end most of our Disney nights.

Thank You copy

11 comments:

Paisley Petals said...

Great pictures!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Oh my goodness. I loved sharing your epic adventure with you and your family, Heather! My favorite princess is and always has been Cinderella!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Linda Jordan said...

Wow, so many great photos!! You are going to have tons to scrapbook ;) I've never been to Disney World, but I've been to Disney Land multiple times [I grew up in California] and they actually sound very similar from your story/photos. I didn't realize they had so many of the same rides!

Ashley Horton said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! I can't wait to go back and check out Fantasy Land! That will be so fun! And I have to admit, that Buzz Lightyear is my fave ride, too!! :)

Mitra Pratt said...

Amazing once in a life time trip! Can't wait to see some of these on pages! ;-) You probably have enough photos for books and books! Not a bad problem to have! ;-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love the photos!! Meeting the Princesses is the BEST!!!

Debbie P said...

Absolutely amazing photos! I especially love your son on the carousel, your daughter & her grandpa on the cars, and the grandparents on Buzz! Too fun!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful pictures! My favorite is Brandon on the carousel.

Sand and Sunshine said...

So totally love 'Ohana, my favorite place for dinner. Never been for the character breakfast. To cute with B and Lilo.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

adorable photos. love all your photos.

Izzy Anderson said...

What an amazing trip. Beautiful photos. I can't wait to see how you scrap them!