Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Everyday Eclectic Kit Reveal for Hydrangea Hippo

I made these projects with the wonderful, limited edition Everyday Eclectic Kit from Hydrangea Hippo. I shared my work on their blog a few weeks ago, now I’d like to share them here as well.

1. Good Eats Recipe Box

Recipe_Box_Hydrangea_Hippo_Heather_Landry_Everyday_Eclectic_Echo_Park

I’ve had a wooden recipe box hanging around my space for years and it's been calling out to me to alter it. I used the fabulous Everyday Eclectic Limited Edition Scrapbook kit to cover and embellish the box. I even made a few recipe cards to go inside so I could start my Mom on her recipe writing journey!

The large green flower is made from some loopy trim that came in the kit. I tucked a shimmery turquoise pearl into the center to add a bit of bling. My favorite thing in the entire kit was the beaded leaf spray. I loved how I could bend it.

Recipe Box_Heather Landry_Hydrangea Hippo_Beaded Spray_Flower_Fringe_Smooch

2. Hello There Card

Hello_There_Card_Heather Landry_Hydrangea_Hippo_Feather

I made this card with the Limited Edition Everyday Eclectic Scrapbook and Crafting kit from Hydrangea Hippo. I'm giving it to my Mom with the recipe box as a "just because" gift. I adored the smaller patterns from the 6x6 paper pad and the white trim is really pretty. The roses were originally a golden color, but I misted them with brown glittery mist to give them some shimmer. A little stitching on my sewing machine finished the card and now I’m ready to send it to Mom.

Card_Heather Landry_Hydrangea Hippo_Feathers_Trim_Scallop_Hello_Stitching

3. Summer Vacation

Summer_Vacation_Heather_Landry_Hydrangea_Hippo_Doily_Gold

Last but not least, I made a layout. I am not in too many photos with my kids because I’m usually behind the camera. I only wanted one decent photo out of this trip to Destin, Florida. It didn't happen though! The resulting photo cracks me up, and it's really indicative of our true lives. Well, at least ONE of us was happy on Summer Vacation. Right?

Again, all of my supplies came from the Everyday Eclectic Scrapbook and Crafting kit from Hydrangea Hippo. The golden doily is just so perfect and I loved the large, flat-backed pearl embellishment. It was wonderful for keeping my envelope closed and my journaling private.

Gold Doily_Lace_Button_Trim_Scrapbook_Hydrangea Hippo_Heather Landry

Thank You copy

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love these!! You totally rocked this kit! GORGEOUS!

Margie said...

Hi, Heather!! Gorgeous projects, I am in love with the recipe set-and I absolutely love the EE collection!
P.S. I still haven't heard from Hydrangea Hippo about the GC I won on your blog a few weeks ago? I am also having trouble loading her blog on my computer for some reason.

Debbie P said...

Love, love these projects! I really love your layout! Fabulous job!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful projects!

Cindy Gay said...

I love the photo and layout with you and your kids!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love the projects you made with this kit.

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, Heather!! Such wonderful projects!! The photo in your LO is just so charming!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/