Thursday, February 28, 2013

Free Digital Template & Scrapbook Sketch #33

Hello everyone! I have another sketch and digital template to share. Please feel free to pin it, or save it to your computer for later use. If you are a digital scrapbooker, please scroll down for your template freebie.

HL_Free_Sketch_Template #33

This is an older layout of mine that I used as inspiration for the sketch. I created this page with my August Scraptastic Club kit and add on called "The Story Begins". I focused on the teal and the pink in the kit to make this layout.

It's a tradition that the girls fight over who is going to be the boss when we visit my grandparents' house. On this visit, my niece wanted to dance by herself and Jordan decided to help her. As you can see, she was NOT thrilled with that at all.

HeyJealousyWEBHeatherLandry_1

As usual, my design team made some amazing examples. I love my MMD Divas so much. They do a great job showing that you can use the sketch in many different ways.

Alison Krogsgaard says: I found the punched borders incredibly inspiring, and that was my starting point when I began creating my layout. Since I was working with an 8.5x11 size layout, I eliminated a lot of the extra elements originally found in the sketch, and stuck with a clean and simple design. I love keeping the main focus of my layouts the photos, and the story they have to tell. I also wanted to keep my layout masculine friendly, since the main subject was my husband, so I used brown and green and blue- the colors that are already found in the pictures. For a subtle hint of femininity, and to tie my daughter into the entire scenario, I added a tiny touch of pink and red. Unlike the sketch, I wanted to include a little room for journaling, so I made space above the title mat.

Ali K.

April Walker says: A little about my page: When I saw Heather’s awesome sketch I was immediately drawn to the scalloped borders and took my inspiration from them to start my page.  I had this awesome picture of my hubby and I and used it to journal to him about a favorite phrase he always says to me.  It’s simple and sweet but I absolutely love the results!

April Walker

Lesley Walker says: I am trying to get our beautiful Murphy's album finished before we get our new puppy next week. I used Martha Stewart punches and the Cricut for the background shape.

HurryUpByLesleyWalker

Marlene Murphy says: My take on the sketch uses photos from a road trip I took last fall.  There is hidden journaling explaining our surprise to find, at our first stop, a banjo store.  Which was even more surprising because my son was actually looking for a new banjo.  Talk about Kismet!  The layout is pretty simple, in that it only uses two patterned papers, Echo Park Little Boy and Pebbles Family ties.  The die cuts were made using a Cricut Signs cartridge.  The little cars are buttons.  I followed the sketch for the scalloped strips top and bottom, my border punches to make these cuts are Fiskars.  The base is a grid print by Scenic Route, so it's been in my stash for a while.  This was a fun sketch to work with.

Marlene Murphy

Mitra Pratt says: I was sorting through another bunch of Peru photos and came across this photo of my Mom taken on the very last day. Part of the tour took us to a very high end store and I remember being back on the bus when my parents got back with their hat purchase. My Mom was VERY pleased with herself and the ladies on the bus were happy for her. Of course there is a story behind this hat. A story that ties into my very existence... But we can save that for Story Telling Sunday! Happens to be just around the corner, so you won't have to wait long!

P1050267

Nancy Keslin

Nancy Keslin

Sandi Pressley

Sandi Pressley

Sharon Fritchman says: I love Heather's sketch this time!  As soon as I saw it, I immediately thought of the photos that my sister-in-law sent me of our kids sledding on the hill at Nazareth Park!  The Echo Park papers seemed to be perfect here, too!

Sharon Fritchman

If you’re a digital scrapbooker and you’d like to download the free layered digital scrapbooking template that I created in Adobe Photoshop Elements, you can download it by clicking the link above. (Please respect my TOU.)

Thank You copy

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee the sketch and loving what everyone created! WOW WOW WOW!!!

Debbie P said...

Great layouts! I love the "Hey Jealousy" layout! Cute story!

Laurie! said...

I like this sketch with the bracket background page behind the pictures. Everyone has really great interpretations of the sketch!

Cindy deRosier said...

As usual, it's amazing how different they all are! Great sketch.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so many cute projects. thanks for so much inspiration.

April said...

Awesome job ladies!! Another fabulous sketch to work with Heather. :)

Sharon Fritchey said...

Wow! I love seeing everyone's projects for your amazing sketch, Heather!