Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Blog Hop for Sara Zenger!

I’m participating in Sara Zenger’s birthday blog hop today. Won’t you all join me in wishing her the happiest birthday ever?

The girls that are participating in the hop all received this fabulous sketch from Diana Fisher. We were asked to make a layout that was inspired by the sketch.

DianaFisherSaraZengerBdayHop

This is the project I created! I had a wonderful time interpreting Diana’s sketch and I’m really honored that Sara asked me to participate in the hop.

JordanRocks!WEBHeatherLandry

Jordan is such a funny kiddo. When she was much younger, she used to sit on our driveway and examine all of the rocks. She would sit there until I made her come inside. She still collects rocks even now. She brings them home and I find them tucked into her pockets all of the time. Once I even found a really large rock that she couldn't fit into her pocket tucked into my purse.

I used my January 2013 Scraptastic Club kit and add on called Days Of Our Lives to make this page. Special thanks to my bestie Nancy Keslin for the Paper Lace cartridge and the glittery title letters I used on this project.

**************************************************************************

Even though it’s Sara’s birthday, several lucky hoppers will be getting gifts! You could win a $30.00 gift certificate from Sara by completing a layout that’s inspired by the sketch and linking your page to her blog. You could also win one of two Creative Scrappers sketch e-books. These will be randomly picked from all of the comments left on each of the blogs throughout the hop.

Just because I love my blog readers, I’m offering a prize of my own. All you have to do to win is become a follower on my blog and leave a comment. If you were already a follower, mention that in your comment.

photo

The prize includes one Maya Road House Accordion Album, one Liquid Pearls in Daffodil, one Liquid Pearls in Peacock, and one Distress Stickles in Mustard Seed.

*You have until midnight on February 9th to become a follower and leave a comment to enter.

**Your next stop on the hop is the amazing Missy Whidden!

**************************************************************************

In case you’re just starting the hop, here’s the order.

Sara  Zenger– www.sarazenger.blogspot.com

Thank You copy

29 comments:

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute layout. love that jordan has a passion. you should invest in a rock tumbler and take her to your local geological society...the do stuff all the time for kid collectors. and yes...i am such a wonderful friend for sending you my goodies. lol

Sara Zenger said...

This page is to darn cute Heather! I love the colors. thank you so much for being a part of my bday hop! You have been a great scrappy friend for a long time, I admire you work!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your lo!! LOVING the colors and the photos ... and what a sweet story to capture!! I love it!!! And you know I am a follower!! LOVING the giveaway!! :)

orange gearle said...

I love your photos of Jordan. She is such a cutie, it's been fun to follow her growing up online through your layouts. Both of my daughters love(d) rocks as well. Love what you did with this, especially the colors!

Angela said...

Loving your layout and the circle elements on it! Nice bright colors too! Great job!

Debbie P said...

I just love this layout and those photos. Love the story as well! Fab job Heather!

Doreen Vasquez said...

OMG that is so funny! Madison used to be the same way! She would find rocks that she found "interesting " or "pretty" and bring them home. Some were small and some quite large and like you I would find them in my purse! Madison outgrew the phase but we still have the rocks, LOL! I wish I had thought to capture her obsession in a layout like you did! Great job...you're layout totally "rocks"! ;0)

Andrea said...

Oh I just love the play on words! Such a great page and I like how you did two photos instead of the one big one! I am a new follower, thanks!

Pam said...

Oh my goodness I can sooo relate to this picture ! I have a rock collector too. Everyday of kindergarten year Kelly would sit and make a pile a rocks while wiating for the bus. Every. Day. The next day the pile would be gone and she would build up again. LOL

Love the LO ! I did one about my rock girl too .

Heather Adams said...

Adorable page! Every single stop on the blog hop brings another awesome interpretation of Diana's sketch! Love the way you used two photos instead of one. Love the large circle elements also. I'm a new follower!

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful LO and love the title with the rocks!!! My kids do the same thing, I find rocks in their pockets all the time!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love this layout! LOVE! Funny that both of us blogged about rocks today. :) Trevor absolutely loves rocks too. I should scrap that. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ange said...

Fun sketch, love your layout! It rocks!! lol Really love the journaling. I'm already a follower.

Sharon Fritchey said...

Such an amazing take on this sketch, Heather. It's adorable! I love how you are participating in her birthday blog hop!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Great layout! I love the mix of patterns and title! Thanks!

Diana Fisher said...

Such a great layout! I love the colors. So bright and fun!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the tones and design......I still like rocks!

Buffy Esser said...

I'm starting to think its a little girl thing...my youngest used to do the same,but she would dig them up! I would find them everywhere including the washing machine! LOL I learned to check her pockets real quick! Lovely layout!

Ashley Horton said...

Great mix of patterns and colors on your layout Heather!! Love the story behind the photos!! Reese is our rock collector!! :)

Aimee said...

I love that you used 2 photos for the 1 Large photo

Audrey Yeager said...

Love the lace circles on your page!!! Such adorable photos, too!

Mitra Pratt said...

Super cool idea for Sara! She is sorta my neighbor, well, like 30 min away! Great sketch too!

http://mitralee.blogspot.com/2013/02/happy-birthday-sara-ruins-scrapbook-page.html

Phillis Walrath said...

Love the rocks and journalling. What a great way to remember the past for you and your daughter!

Nitasha said...

This is an adorable layout! Love the bright colors and awesome take on the sketch!

J Ake said...

Great color combination. I am really liking washi tape these days. It looks terrific on your page.

Melinda said...

Love the photos you used-especially the close-up of her hands!

Lisa aka scrappychik said...

Amazing LO! I love your story :)Thank you for the chance to win a goody...I'm following.

Mandi said...

Great story. I love the colors you used on your page.

Sharon Fritchey said...

I love your take on this sketch, Heather! Jordan is such a sweetheart! I love how you scrapped this!!!!!